Changed Brake Pads, Now A Rubbing Noise - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Changed Brake Pads, Now A Rubbing Noise
Monday, October 24, 2005 6:07 PM
A friend of mine and I changed my brake pads yesterday and for some reason I hear a rubbing sound coming from the driver-side front wheel. It isn't constant, it just 'rubs' in pulses, but I only hear it at low speeds of 10mph or less. I took the wheel off today and nothing is touching so I have no clue what it might be. Also.. I noticed that there isn't as much pressure when I press the brake down. Any answers will be greatful.

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has never tried to slam a revolving door.

Re: Changed Brake Pads, Now A Rubbing Noise
Monday, October 24, 2005 6:36 PM
did you pump the brakes back up when you were done changing? if you took off any brake lines you should bleed the system (i doubt you would of taken any lines off though) as for the noise you could have warped rotors

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:20 AM
That's what I thought it could have been.. a warped rotor. I didn't pump the brakes though. We clamped off the brake line with a vice grip and then when we were done we pressed the brake down enough to make the fluid flow out again... maybe we need to do it again? Thanks for the reply.

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has never tried to slam a revolving door.
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:56 PM
Did you bed the new pads? If not, do that.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 10:52 AM
Well... I found out the problem I think. My friend put on the front right wheel and I don't think he secured the lug nuts correctly. When I took off the hubcap the lugnuts were stuck inside them.. so no wonder it was scratching. Hopefully that was the cause of the problem.. but I'll keep listening just in case.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search