Air Ride Questions- HELP!! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Air Ride Questions- HELP!!
Monday, June 27, 2005 2:23 PM
Hey guys, I just installed my easystreet air ride kit a couple of weeks ago, and I just had a question or two:

1) my front tires sit like this / \ Now do I need a camber kit for that? Or would a front-end alignment help that? Im going for an alignment tomorrow, so I was just curious if that would fix the problem, if not, I'll get them to do the camber as well....

Thanks for anyone that helps out!

DOMESTICTUNERS.COM
Presents "Tuner Style" Car Show
June 26/05 Peterborough, Ont
PM for more Info

Re: Air Ride Questions- HELP!!
Monday, June 27, 2005 5:15 PM
does it sit like that when its fully lowered or at normal ride height? get it aligned first and then see how it is

Monday, June 27, 2005 6:06 PM
The rims and tires sit like that both fully lowered and back up to normal height, I checked all the bolts and stuff and they all seem fine... so I'll let ya know tomorrow BaggedCav98 with what happens, maybe you can pass on some more advice? Thanks bud!

DOMESTICTUNERS.COM
PM for more Info
Monday, June 27, 2005 6:59 PM
It should not sit like that at any height. You have both bottom bolts tight right? Is it extreme or just slightly?

Monday, June 27, 2005 7:07 PM
you can adjust it yourself....loosen both bolts on the bottom of the strut and pull the top of the spindle towrds you...it will bring your hub more vertical...just try and make sure both sides are as equal as possible or you wont be drivin all that straight lol

Phil Thacker
JCO North President

Monday, June 27, 2005 8:32 PM
Measure the distance on the top holes of your stock struts. Set the new ones at same distnace. I did mine that way and they were damn near on the money when I got aligned.

I am all that is man

Monday, June 27, 2005 10:59 PM
all i did was eye balled it, and there straight as hell, but my toe is off on them, and the wheel is a little to the left, but not bad at all. also, ESB, how are your wheels in your fenders, my wheels hit the plastic piece, and im scared if i take it off, since i have the lambo doors on the car, that water and wind will get in there like crazy, the wind noise im not too worried about, but that water scares me. also, how are your wheels not hitting your fenders?? mine actually push the fanders out, i have 18" motegi MR7's. thanks for the help, sory to post jack.

mike z

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 4:56 AM
Well I removed the plastic and I removed some metal so that I could go all the way down and still roll. THis is something that many dont want to do but its been 17 months with no trouble.

I am all that is man

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 6:04 PM
ok thanks guys, I couldnt get the alignment done today, stupid dealership said that they couldnt do it cause of the air ride, so im gonna try it out this weekend, and ill let ya know...

thacks- sicne we live so close, adn i dont get it right when i try to fix it... wanna met up so you can help me? thanks

DOMESTICTUNERS.COM
PM for more Info
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:28 AM
EVOLZ24: I went and got mine done at Midas

mike z A.K.A SNEEZY: mine do the same thing

only my driver's front wheel is slanted in at the top DAMMIT!!!
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:00 AM
if i wasnt mad busy with class and work right now i'd for sure help ya out

i have to add some camber to my drivers side as keeps hittin my fender when i lower it lol

Phil Thacker
JCO North President

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:31 PM
hey mike z, eric took his plastic fendeer wells out i dont think he ahs any probs. talk to him he will tell you

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search