4 wheel disc - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
4 wheel disc
Thursday, April 24, 2008 4:27 PM
I wanted to do a Wilwood brake kit for my 2000 z24. I looked on the wilwood website and i can only find a kit for the front. I want to run 4 wheel disc. Is there a wilwood kit that will work for the back? It also states that the kit may affect the wheel offset, has this been a problem for anyone running the kit? Also one last thing that has been on my mind, if i upgrade the brakes in the front and back are things like abs affected, and the front back braking proportion or whatever you call it?

I found these as a possibility for the back http://www.wilwood.com/Products/001-Calipers/033-cpb/index.asp but I'm not sure what size of a rotor to use. Also i don't know where to get the caliper braket...Other than me making something custom. I realize there are lots of possibilities and alot of setups that will "work" but I'm trying to find something that does better than just functioning. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Re: 4 wheel disc
Thursday, April 24, 2008 4:42 PM
If your looking for a cheaper way to put discs on the rear try this: Neon disc swap (Sticky)

If your looking to upgrade the fronts and rears together (big brake kits) i think SSBC, Willwood, and maybe Baer (not 100% sure if all 3 are correct) make kits for Js.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, April 24, 2008 4:42 PM

Thursday, April 24, 2008 5:32 PM
SSBC does and you can get them in different color calipers as well.

-Chris

Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:59 PM
So what about the ABS and proportioning? how do you work that out?
Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:01 PM
The ABS won't be affected at all. It's based on wheel speed, not caliper/wheel cylinder size. Your proportioning won't be affected enough to make any noticeable difference.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search