TTR K-Brace - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TTR K-Brace
Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:18 AM
Hey,

I remember seeing pictures of installed TTR K-Braces a long time ago and have been searching but can't find them again. Sooo.. My questions are as follows:

1) What is better overall, a K-Brace or a subframe brace? Generally I would think the 3 bar design of the K-braces are better than the 1 bar design of subframe braces like the RK sport one but I want to be sure.

2) How is the clearance? TTR originally said it would be tucked on a manual car and you would only lose 1/8" of clearance for the mounting plates. Did this hold true in the final product? (Like I said, can't find pics...)

3) For those who have one, are you happy with it? Do you recommend one?

Thanks, like I said I tried searching but couldn't get all the answers I needed so sorry if this is a repost or something.

-Adam

----------------------------
<<<<<2003 Sunfire Sedan>>>>>

Re: TTR K-Brace
Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:08 AM
i hope to get mine installed this weekend and i'll be able to answer them.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:59 AM
k-brace is better because of the 2 extra points

Thursday, April 24, 2008 2:14 PM
Really, anything is better than the complete lack of anything structural between the control arms. I still can't afford anything, as I lost my job, and can't seem to get a new one, all the college kids took em.

Caution: I have an odd sense of humor, so don't be offended by the things I say
MMMM, HIDs
Thursday, April 24, 2008 2:28 PM
was it a noticeable difference when installed?

Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:25 PM
over not having a brace yes big difference

over having a regular 2 point brace , not a big difference

Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:47 PM
Casey Schaaf wrote:was it a noticeable difference when installed?

it was definitely a noticeable difference. It was exactly what my front end needed. I love the way my car handles now.

here's a pic of mine installed (auto tranny, so it gets installed upside down) and it survived a PA winter almost unscathed. I hit a chunk of ice with it and you can see where it's starting to rust because the paint was chipped off. I'm planning on removing it and repainting it whenever I decide not to be so lazy

Thursday, April 24, 2008 5:46 PM
mines tucked up under there really nice. didnt lose any clearance since mine is a 5spd. holds up real well. you need the solid trans mounts, otherwise it hits on the transmission and you have to use washers to space it down. thats the only thing you might run into.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:29 PM
Alright, thanks for the pictures and replies! I'm really excited to get it, my girlfriend got it for me today for my birthday <3 and I seriously can't wait to get it Hopefully it doens't take too long to ship

Friday, April 25, 2008 5:59 AM
its easier to remove the wheels to do it for sure, its kind of a tight fit, but if you drill right and mark everything right, should go really smooth, just make sure if you dont have the trans mounts, that you put washers between the body and the k brace to space it down so it doesnt hit the transmission. that HAS to be checked out for sure.

Friday, April 25, 2008 10:54 AM
Okay sounds good thanks, I do have poly trans bushings installed already aswell as the lower motor mount. I just picked up some control arms today to throw the poly bushings in to those too so i'll likely do the whole thing at once.

Friday, April 25, 2008 6:25 PM
actually you have to jack the tire up to get the control arm up to get the bolt in.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search