New struts are squeekin? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New struts are squeekin?
Saturday, October 21, 2006 9:45 AM
well i have tokico dspec struts/shocks. my rear right one "squeeks" when it is depressed. like when i hit the brakes or take right turns. anyone what it is and how to fix it? idk if there is a spot i can oil, but they are gas so i wasnt sure. and idk why its only when then are depressed. any help will be great. thanks.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims

Re: New struts are squeekin?
Saturday, October 21, 2006 9:15 PM
possible the lower mounting bolt bushing maybe try spraying some penatrating oil in the rubber part. i have a squeak there on mine

The one, the only, ME.
Saturday, October 21, 2006 9:26 PM
ok, when you say penatration oil...is that like wd-40 or oil oil? or somethign else. ill try that but it almost sounds like its coming from the top...

Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:32 AM
id recommend PB blaster. and not saying for sure on your situation but mine sounded like it was on top also. it took me walking beside the vehicle and someone riding in the trunk to find it was actually the bottom.

The one, the only, ME.
Sunday, October 22, 2006 2:13 PM
That problem is from i think they said 80 batches of their struts were infected, u have faulty struts.. u can send em to me and ill make sure they get taken care of.. there is a recommended location that they list on their site which is like 5min away from me that they say to dispose of them.. ill pay to get em here if that helps then ill make sure there get disposed of for ya brian..

Sunday, October 22, 2006 7:43 PM
i hate stephen anyway...im not sure what pb plaster is. where do you get it and is there like wd-40 or something i could try first? when i hate the car up i actually looked at the bushing you are tlaking about...then was like no, that cant be it and moved on thanks for the help man.

Monday, October 23, 2006 5:27 AM
PB blaster is like wd-40 can be baught at auto zone advance auto etc.

it might surprise you being it but hope fully youll find the squeak. i hate unknown noises myself

The one, the only, ME.
Monday, October 23, 2006 11:45 AM
White lithium helped my squeeks on my KYB struts.

RKSport--Baer--Magnaflow--Alpine--Hankook--GroundControl--Wings West
Monday, October 30, 2006 3:46 AM
^^where did you spray? i sprayed that pb on that bushing and it still squeeks.

Monday, January 29, 2007 2:53 PM
did you loose this squeek, mine is doing that?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search