Prokit and AGX bouncy? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Prokit and AGX bouncy?
Thursday, September 07, 2006 3:50 PM
So I installed an eibach pro-kit with KYB AGX. The ride gets a little bouncy on the highway. I have them set to 2 and 5. It is pretty controlled except over some of the bad parts of michigan highways. Is this normal? Is there a problem?

Re: Prokit and AGX bouncy?
Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:02 PM
Try 3 in the front. I had the same issues at 2.
Fellow Michigander too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:05 PM

Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:08 PM
yes, that's normal. But, 2 and 5 is probably a tad too low if you want to eliminate the bouncy.
Friday, September 08, 2006 6:45 AM
2 in front 3 in the rear for daily driving. My car is a dream on the highway. I have H&R's tho, they suck on holes and bumps however.

Is this the first suspension setup you've had? You will notice a lot more road feel and the car will go up and down with the road as opposed to letting the suspension move freely like it did with stock. You'll really start to appreciate proper road maintanence.

-Chris

Friday, September 08, 2006 7:55 AM
This is the first setup I've had. It really does feel bouncy though. It controlls most everything fine, but over certain bumps it starts to bounce.

Friday, September 08, 2006 8:02 AM
you sure its not unlevel highway?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Sunday, September 10, 2006 5:44 AM
Put the fronts on 3! I didn't have a good headlight while I was out at the yard yesterday, but I'm sure one will be there next weekend. Also have you had those nuts come off yet again? I hope not after I put the air to it.

Monday, September 11, 2006 3:48 PM
finally have internet (kinda, but its working for now). Yeah, with the fronts on 3 and the rears on 6 it was a lot better. Once I got out of Michigan, it was smooth as glass, lol. It just seems weird because it seemed like everything I read said people were using 2 up front and 3-5 out back.

TRD - the nuts are staying tight this time. but i think the backs are loose, lol. I was going to pull it off anyways because I want to turn the adjustors to the other side. won't be hard though, just have to get around to doing it. Just get back to me when you find a headlight and whenever that bbq or whatever is going on at your house.

Monday, September 11, 2006 6:37 PM
2 and 4, work fine for me, far better than the blown stock suspension i had on before.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 3:22 AM
I ride 2 front, and anywhere from 3-5 rear.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search