Cabmer plates and solid strut mount - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cabmer plates and solid strut mount
Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:16 AM
I need strut mount that will hold up. I keep tearing up the 00+ ones and woudl like something that is gunna last longer. I don't care about ride quality being a little harsher cause the gravanas are pretty damn nice and can be adjusted. Thanks again.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Re: Cabmer plates and solid strut mount
Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:25 AM
tein makes some camber plates.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:49 AM
maybe u arent installing them right...i have gravanas and 2k+ mounts...they werar jsut fine.....jsut be sure to grease the bearings when u replaqce them

Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:27 PM
They are greased and worked jsut fine till i drove t cross country. The damn rubber when you look from the top is gettign squeezed to the middle of the hole. Same @!#$ happened with my old ones. The shop that installed them said they followed gravanas exact instructions but still they @!#$ up.

Do the teins bolt right up and are they only the fronts. I woudl like rears to.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:33 PM
That happened to my Gravanas too, the rubber squeezed to the center, couldn't figured out for the life of me what was wrong. Do I seriously have to change mounts now?? (sorry if i'm jacking the thread Cavie Freak)

Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:09 PM
Alex (silver03cav) wrote:That happened to my Gravanas too, the rubber squeezed to the center, couldn't figured out for the life of me what was wrong. Do I seriously have to change mounts now?? (sorry if i'm jacking the thread Cavie Freak)

Mine pop and groan all the time now and they make a alsmot rubber on metal sound when I turn the wheel. SO if your getting the same sounds then you should find something else to

Friday, September 08, 2006 10:26 AM
Ok talked to the guy that makes the fronts. Now I just need somethng for the rears any suggestions?

Friday, September 08, 2006 10:39 AM
i keep hearing rumors of gravana coming out with solid mounts with camber adjustment for the fronts not sure on what the eta is

I'm pretty sure tein doesn't sell their camber plates seperately either.

mcmoney makes the front camber plates (looks like you talked to him already)

not sure about the rears... maybe I should start looking into machining something

Friday, September 08, 2006 10:46 AM
I just wanna know why my front mounts just suddenly crapped out because they were obviously fine when i bought the coilovers from Eric (97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans)). My rear mounts are fine, its just my fronts that make the funny noises.

Friday, September 08, 2006 10:55 AM
Alex (silver03cav) wrote:I just wanna know why my front mounts just suddenly crapped out because they were obviously fine when i bought the coilovers from Eric (97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans)). My rear mounts are fine, its just my fronts that make the funny noises.

If you have the 00+ then you have the same problem with them as me. They jsut don't hold up to coilovers on a good drop. Gotta remember they are not designed for what we are doing to them.

Friday, September 08, 2006 11:22 AM
yea the rubber gets pinched but you jsut have to drive a little more carefully. poor design thats all

Friday, September 08, 2006 11:26 AM
Machzel08 wrote:yea the rubber gets pinched but you jsut have to drive a little more carefully. poor design thats all

Kinda hard to drive more carfully when you have a really nice setop like mine plus when you autocross

Friday, September 08, 2006 4:42 PM
use older 95-99 Maybe?

Friday, September 08, 2006 4:56 PM
I would like to find some solid rear mounts as well

Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:14 AM
For once I have tos ay searching found me all the answers I needed. Took me lie 2 days of it but I found them Thanks for the help that you guys could offer.

For those who are looking for solid rear and or front mounts here is the link Held Motorsports Now mind you they are custom for each applications so htey prob won't be cheap.

You guys will see very soon what I have instore for the front mounts

Saturday, September 09, 2006 5:30 PM
did you get a hold of mcmoney?
he wrote me a couple weeks ago to tell me that he got the material but was waiting for the machine to make them. he didn't respond me since.....

Monday, September 11, 2006 5:31 AM
Magik1109 wrote:did you get a hold of mcmoney?
he wrote me a couple weeks ago to tell me that he got the material but was waiting for the machine to make them. he didn't respond me since.....

Yes I got ahold of him but I got something else in plans for it now so keep an eye out.

Monday, September 11, 2006 8:36 AM
Our final prototype pillow ball mount camber plates are in final testing right now on a customer car. Stay tuned!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search