Removing The ABS - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Removing The ABS
Monday, August 07, 2006 3:08 AM
Any tips or how to's? I would like to remove my defective ABS system instead of fixing it because i dont mind non abs brakes (fun in the winter) and im looking for a weight reduction. So, that being said... is there anyone here who has removed it and know of any problems they faced? Also, directions or link to directions would be great.

----------------------------------------------------------------
www.bradsairsoft.com

Re: Removing The ABS
Monday, August 07, 2006 8:26 AM
i wouldnt wory about it....if it doesnt wokr than it aleady dosn taffect your brakes.....if one sensor goes bad teh whole system shuts off

Monday, August 07, 2006 11:23 AM
And the weight savings are going to be like 3 pounds. Not worth the effort.
If you want to be sure it's disabled there's a fuse you can pull.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 5:04 PM
Ok, i thought the Hydraulic pump would be more than 3lbs... I heard it was anywhere from 20 to 50. But they work sometimes... Something is messed up

www.bradsairsoft.com
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 9:26 PM
just pull the abs fuse but you will also have 3 lights come on which kinda sucks so i dunno what ya wanna do

Whats up people?
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:20 AM
ah... pull the dash apart and pull the light bulb for the ABS light...

www.bradsairsoft.com
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 4:11 PM
ehh, I think the entire ABS system is more than 3lbs

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 8:00 PM
I think the safety thats included with having ABS isnt worth the weight loss, its like those who strip their doors on the inside, in an accident its all you have to protect yourself in a side collision

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:44 PM
Well, mine didn't come with ABS. That was easy!

Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:19 AM
I've already beaten this dead horse elsewhere on JBO. A disabled ABS system and a stock non abs system are not the same. Better off fixing it than not and ABS will peform better.

-Chris

Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:29 PM
Sunfire's without ABS are rare. The ABS system is not that big either, I think most of you are way over-estimating how large or complex the ABS system it. It may weight more than 3 pounds, I'll give you that; but I'm sure it's less than 10. The traction control system weights much more than the ABS system and even it isn't very big or heavy. Weight reduction should be closer to the last thing you look to, a K&N pannel air filter would improve 1/4 times more than stripping the ABS system.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search