need 04 cavvi rear brakes - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need 04 cavvi rear brakes
Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:31 PM
I have looked and looked and cant find brake drums nor shoes for my car, I have also looked for disc conversion and found nothing am I out of luck or is there somewhere to get what I need?

Re: need 04 cavvi rear brakes
Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:40 PM
The sticky at the top of this forum is a good place to look for rear disk.. Also check out bear, ssbc for big brake kits for our cars.
There's a popular store called autozone or advanced autoparts that might very well have drums for your car

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:44 PM
y do u need them? i've seen drums last 10 years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:47 PM
I was really wanting to get disc brakes for the rear,,, Not sure that I need them but rusty drums look like hell behind my new wheels.';';';';;' I dont see a sticky on this forum? What does that mean?
Thursday, June 22, 2006 4:40 PM
rusty drums do definately look like ass. if you dont really feel like spending all that money on discs, or you cant find em, theres another option. what you could do is paint the drums. if you dont want to make them noticed, use black paint. theres a cheap kit out there, but id suggest taking an easy spraycan route, because on our cars it honestly doesnt make a diff what is used... take off the drum, get a drill mounted wire brush, clean em up nice and not so rusty, and then spray paint em black so they arent as noticable in the already black wheel well.

nothing beets the look of a nice set of discs with nice rims though. good luck withever you do tho man.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:01 PM
theres all kinda of rear disc setups. you can do the neon swap. the irs swap. you can get a big brake kit from baer

Friday, June 23, 2006 1:04 PM
jesse shoup wrote: I dont see a sticky on this forum? What does that mean?

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search