Grand Prix rear discs? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Grand Prix rear discs?
Friday, May 12, 2006 6:41 PM
I've read a few threads on other boards talking about using Grand Prix parts for a direct (or at least almost direct) swap to the J body. Has anyone else seen or heard anything about it?

Re: Grand Prix rear discs?
Friday, May 12, 2006 8:22 PM
well maybe if we can get pictures of the brackets we probley will have more information on this

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Friday, May 12, 2006 9:32 PM
I know the 97+ are similar to the IRS swap (same caliper and rotor actually). But there would be a lot of fabrication to make it work with our hub.

Friday, May 12, 2006 11:15 PM
now with this picture i got off of bstuff.com its uses grand prix or fiero rotors and calipers

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Friday, May 12, 2006 11:31 PM
looks good but looks liek its in the wrong position

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Saturday, May 13, 2006 9:09 AM
C.T.S wrote:I know the 97+ are similar to the IRS swap (same caliper and rotor actually). But there would be a lot of fabrication to make it work with our hub.

GP rotors are for a 115mm hub I believe. Ours are 100mm but I see no reason we couldn't use the calipers with the right mounting hardware. I'm guessing it'd be a bit of fabrication to make it work without switchiung to the 115mm hub.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 8:29 PM
^The IRS setup is 5x115. Any caliper can be made to fit, that's a given. It's just a question of how hard.
As long as your fabricating I guess it doesn't make any difference.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:42 PM
That picture above is EXACTLY how Baer gets the Corvette rear to fit the J-body..... custom mounting plate. You can put any f'n caliper you want back there, as long as you fab up the plate.

So... as I've said before.... you can put any rear caliper you want.... just make the plate.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 4:32 PM
I am doing the fiero disc / grand prix swap, I ordered the brackets off ebay. Ill post pics when I get it together, instructions are fairly strait forward.

15.149 @ 91.26mph 3-18-2006
Wednesday, May 17, 2006 4:15 AM
im probley going with the fiero and grand prix swap 2

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search