New R swaybar or Tiebar ?? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New R swaybar or Tiebar ??
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 5:06 PM
I'm just looking for some opinions here. I have had an utterly horrible experience getting a new rear bar that was the right size ( I got shipped the wrong bar not once but twice from Summit )

heres a little background:
I have both the front and rear STB's
a front sub-frame brace
front sway bar is is 25.4 mm
the rear is a 22mm

under-steer is annoying me, i was allot more neutral before the larger bar was installed. it was an 19mm in the front and 22mm in the rear.( because of bracing and the valving on the Konis I am assuming

What I want to know, is what do you think I should go with and why.

I think it's important that you back up your answer with good sound judgement and reasoning.

the tie-bar will make the sway bar do its job more efficiently, and help even things out. where a larger rear sway bar will definitely do the job.

Re: New R swaybar or Tiebar ??
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:52 AM
I'll try to help.

I'm assuming you got your original 18mm front from another jbody.
I dont remember factory 2.2s having front sway bars.

Either way its sounds like you just want your neutral steer back? So.........
At this point if you are keeping the 25.4mm front, you'll HAVE to go with 25.4mm or larger rear.

But,
If you want neutral to a little oversteer, the FE2 22mm front and 25.4mm rear is the way to go.
Or your original 18mm front 22mm rear.

My personal sets have been all with the factory 22mm front (with f/r strut bars) and:
19mm Helwig - under steer
22mm RK sport - understeer/neutral
25.4mm Addco (hole drill style) neutral/oversteer

You have the front sfb as well.
So whatever bar you decide on, the rear tie bar will help compliment the front sfb.
www.rodendsupply.com

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Re: New R swaybar or Tiebar ??
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:44 PM
yeah i def want me neutral / over-steer back. thanks i guess it will be the Addco bar again. only the right size this time around.

thanks for the input, you Sig still cracks me up man.

fyi: there is a 18mm and 19mm front bar that came stock, dial calipers don't lie. well not often anyway hehehe.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search