major problem..need major help - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
major problem..need major help
Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:14 PM
here is my issue, I have tein s-techs and tokico dpec struts/shocks. The shocks fit right up with the stock mount and the spring did the same...no problem at all.

my issue is the front. I know if the back went up no problem the front should be able too...but the upper mounts aint working. to be honest they are mounts designed to fit the coilovers that were on the car. I went to the auto parts store to get mounts and before i bought them i tested them on the spring...and they dont fir right either. Can some one please help me!!!! i figured the mounts the guy gave me were for the 2.2 b/c when he looked up 2.4 he didnt have any...but i really dont know what to do b/c the pic looked the same as the one he gave me. and im not sure if a tokico mount will fit the tein spring and tein doesnt sell them. HELP!!

...are you trolls that dumb that you cant realize mid 15s is slower then 14s?

Re: major problem..need major help
Thursday, March 09, 2006 2:08 PM
you need the pre 2000 mounts, most likely.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 2:27 PM
The s-tech's are just springs, right? Not coilovers?

Any set of mounts should fit properly. 95-99 or 2000. Aren't they interchangable?

The mounts come with the bearings and everything. The only thing he'd be missing is the rubber spring insulators, right?

I'm not positive on this though.

THere's no difference between the different engines when it comes to strut mounts.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:45 PM
the ones i got did not have the metal washer that comes in from the top on the 95-99. 2000+ everything should be there.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:22 PM
when you say they dont fit, do you mean theres a gap between the top of the spring and the mount?? if so, that will be evened out when you lower it back off the jack. otherwise, you must be doing something wrong. all 95-05 mounts are the same!!

Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:35 PM
95-99 are the same, 2000+ are the same, but they will all mount up to a third gen.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:10 PM
thanx...i figured that the stock ones should work cuz they did in the back... but the problem is it doesnt seem like the spring sits right on the mount. like the spring is too big. I got the springs that were for my car but when i set the mount on the spring i can see the spring through the holes that are suppose to mount to the car.... that is what confuses me. I didnt buy the mounts because i wanted to make sure they worked and if the stock mounts worked for all you guys then i guess he just gave me the wrong mounts. Ill hit up the junkyard and find some mounts and get back you you guys

If you hear on the news about a guy getting seriously injured by a spring popping out at a junkyard... you know it was me... LOL!!!

thanx for the help guys

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:48 PM
You need the spring seat. Many parts stores don't sell them.

Friday, March 10, 2006 6:00 PM
the mount and seat? i know there is a seat on the bottom but i didnt know about one on the top... where can i get the seats?..i should be able to find them at the junk yard right?

Friday, March 10, 2006 8:10 PM
dealer is the only place i have found these an then it was hard to come by, junkyard would be dicey since its a rubber part and most likely turned to dry rot.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search