2 quick questions...(opinion and help) - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2 quick questions...(opinion and help)
Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:13 AM
im just looking for others opinions. i currently have koni yellows and goldlines and im not too happy with the ride, but i am happy with the height. should i switch the goldlines to sportlines or would it not be worth the change? would the ride be alot better?

also, once i have the struts off the car, hoe can i check to see if they are blown? is there a way besides leakage?

-thx, steve

Re: 2 quick questions...(opinion and help)
Thursday, March 09, 2006 2:58 AM
in my opinion, if you like the height, stick with the goldlines. if you don't like the ride, take out the koni's and get something else. like Tokico's.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:09 AM
adjust the konis... if there to bouncy then make the setting a little more firm..... if its to stiff then make the setting a little softer

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:06 AM
Z Speed Cavi wrote:adjust the konis... if there to bouncy then make the setting a little more firm..... if its to stiff then make the setting a little softer

yea sounds like you never adjusted the struts. adjust the struts and it will ride awesome

Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:28 AM
^ x2 on adjusting them.

Check for blown: Put them on their softest setting. Let the rod fully extended (should want to do that from pressure anyway). Push down as hard as you can. When all the way down, pull it back up as hard as you can.
If it's a hard fight both ways then it's good. If you can slide it easily in either direction it's going bad. If it slides in both it's blown.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:11 AM
If they're blown you can just push down where the strut is and make it bounce and it wont stop bouncing. Itll be easy to move.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 2:08 PM
actually i have adjusted the struts many times, ie full soft, full stiff, and everywhere in between in the front and back but it still seems bouncy. i was wondering if sportlines would be a smoother ride overall.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 2:28 PM
Z24 FReQ (Jarett) wrote:in my opinion, if you like the height, stick with the goldlines. if you don't like the ride, take out the koni's and get something else. like Tokico's.

Did you just make this up out of the blue?

How could changing the Konis help when hey can be adjusted anywhere from too soft to too stiff?

Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:38 PM
I'm with Steve...I've adjusted every which way to no avail.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search