Koni special settings - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Koni special settings
Thursday, March 02, 2006 11:19 AM
anyone got the koni reds and sportline springs on the softest setting? Just wondering if anyone bottoms out or how the ride is..

~Go Navy~ Accelerate your life... Right into the persian gulf!
Petty Officer Justin Hegenbart, USN

Re: Koni special settings
Thursday, March 02, 2006 11:24 AM
You shouldn't bottom out unless you hit some big bumps. If you are, you just need to up the setting.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:19 PM
Too bad with the Reds you have to take them off the car to adjust them. I havent gained enough "courage" to experiment with them, would be nice to change tho since I AutoX.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 1:39 PM
They don't do much in the way of compression damping regardless of the setting so it shouldn't really affect how much you bottom out.

Of course, if they don't damp the rebound and you come down onto another bump then it could have an effect.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:26 PM
i recently readjusted my reds, set them to 50% stiff, rebound is about right on big bumps now. i'm sure i'll notice a bigger difference when the summer tires go back on.

14.82 @ 97 mph
Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:37 AM
I have them with that set-up. My fronts are currently on soft, and rears on the middle setting. Has been a great ride for a few years. I plan to change my settings to midle in the front and hard in the rear. This is for racing purposes. I want to try some different things. Does anyone have the instructions for the adjustments? I know I have to take the struts off, but I do not remember which way to turn them. Thanks for any help.

FU Tuning

Sunday, March 26, 2006 1:10 AM
i have mine on all soft, no bottoming out and a smooth ride

love my reds

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search