PEOPLE WHO KNOW BAGS REPLY. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PEOPLE WHO KNOW BAGS REPLY.
Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:03 PM
I'm about to install my setup and I have all the instructions. BUT I don't really understand how the valves work. I know if I just install it the way it tells me to it will be fine, but I wanna know what the valves are doing and how it all works.

So please post either places to look or some info for me.

Mainly I don't understand why you need two valves per bag and how you deflate the bags? Is that with the other valve? Maybe? nO? Ok.

Well go nuts and thanks ahead of time.

Re: PEOPLE WHO KNOW BAGS REPLY.
Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:04 PM
Oh by the way I have Parker valves.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:09 PM
One valve is the inlet side, which is fed by the compressor, to fill the bag. The other is the dump valve, which lets air out. You need the dump valve because the inlet valve is unable to work both ways. They work together to keep the bag at the set pressure by either adding more air or bleeding off excess.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:24 PM
So is this the correct setup?

Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:31 PM
looks right to me
Broda

Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:33 PM
I'm guessing the bottom one behind the cd.com logo is to the bag. Been a few since I bagged anything but that looks right. I'm guessing the one on the bottom is going to the bag.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:36 PM
Should I get filters or does it not matter since it's dumping into the air outside the car?

Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:39 PM
Johnathan (Der Schlafwanderer) wrote:I'm guessing the bottom one behind the cd.com logo is to the bag. Been a few since I bagged anything but that looks right. I'm guessing the one on the bottom is going to the bag.

Hehe... De Ja Voo... It's been a long day...

Thursday, February 16, 2006 3:33 PM
Nick Carney wrote:Should I get filters or does it not matter since it's dumping into the air outside the car?

Depends, if you are putting the valves inside the car then yes I would. If you are putting oputside then no.

They will also quiten them down some.

-Brandon

Thursday, February 16, 2006 3:45 PM
Ya they are going outside and I want them to be loud. I always liked hearing someone dump air like 300 ft away. : )

Thursday, February 16, 2006 4:24 PM
No kidding Im putting mine on this weekend hopefully. Gonna be fun.

-Brandon

Thursday, February 16, 2006 4:47 PM
I've been waiting a year to drive up to a bagged truck, wait for him to hit his switches on me, and then smile and hit back.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:04 PM
well seems like everything is already covered here. good luck w/ it. you dont need filters on the valves. i have all mine in my trunk and i dont have filters on them. my valve just ends and dumps the air out right there

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:44 PM
yeah I was gonna add that you dont have to have them on the inside but it will be loud and can get messy sometimes.

-Brandon

Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:12 PM
This is what I did so far.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:18 PM
Those are the pass front valves installed right infront of the tire by the horn.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:45 PM
i hope that is d.o.t. air line if it isn't it will burst. the best fittings are compression fittings made of brass or stainless steal. just looking out for your safety
Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:52 PM
I'd use nylon reenforced hose.. but that's me.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:01 PM
/waits for -ESB-

Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:01 PM
Oh hehe. Ya it's not DOT. I just put that there for the pics. I havn't got my airline i the mail yet. And the fittings are Brass high compression. Thanks for the concern. : )

Friday, February 17, 2006 4:19 AM
im using the air line from easystreet and i couldnt be happier w/ it. its a nice hard plastic line thats dot approved.

Friday, February 17, 2006 5:03 AM
^^^^werd

-Brandon

Friday, February 17, 2006 5:45 AM
i looked into the hard lines (metal lines) and its just way too expensive. it was like 300 bucks for all the air line i need in metal. not worth it to me. the plastic ones i got can hold up to like 300 psi which is way more than the bag should hold plus its only like 30 cents a foot

Friday, February 17, 2006 6:30 AM
yeah if you order the air line of the internet its cheap. around here at the store that sells it, its like $.89/ft.

-Brandon

Friday, February 17, 2006 10:10 AM
Ya A+ has it for $.66 a foot.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search