Rear strut bar problems - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear strut bar problems
Monday, January 30, 2006 7:13 PM
i went to get my rear bar installed after gettin the nuts for the top of the bolt and now this is my new problem. I installed the bracets on the towers, went to put the bar in and the bracets are facing outward. liek there not straight inline with each other. WTF!! I tried forcing the bar in and ended up striping one of the bolts out becuase i forced it to hard. Is this normal or is this just a defect or screw up of Vibrant and what should i do about it?

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto

Re: Rear strut bar problems
Monday, January 30, 2006 7:32 PM
When i did mine, i put The brace in, ine one piece, brackets and bar connected, cause it will only work 1 way that way.

Monday, January 30, 2006 7:46 PM
Yeah. I've never heard of anyone trying to put the bar together in the car like that.

Monday, January 30, 2006 7:48 PM
i tired that and it didn't work the brackets are like welder crooked we tried forcoing it and now i noticed both bolts that go into the bar were a bit bent inside the bar but they still thread in (thank god) so i dunno what im goin to do. Maybe i can try to bend the tabs for the bar on the brackets

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 6:04 PM
i tried it every way possible and nothing works right. Anyone know what else i could try?

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 3:40 PM
Do you asked to the manufacturer of this part about this issue?

is it possible you car got in an accident in the past before you got it?...

www.MRZ Performance.com
Sales@mrzperformance.com
Custom performance and appearance mods that really Stand Out from the Crowd.
-------------------------------------------------

Friday, November 16, 2007 10:38 AM
i think im lookinf at the same senario....rear ended couple moths ago but i wouldnt think the allignment would be off this bad when i tighten the two rear bolts it pinches and makes the frontraise up and all crooked i cant figure this out so frustrating....and im at a dead end now...but with just the two bolts holding it down you can feel the diffrence just cant push it as hard as i want...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search