Suspension Kits - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suspension Kits
Monday, January 23, 2006 9:10 PM
Anyone have experience with a performance strut /shock kits that's cost effective?

Also:

Any comments on rear strut braces? Are they Worth the $85, or just adds unessessary weight to the car?

Maybe not the best, but at least it's American.

Re: Suspension Kits
Monday, January 23, 2006 9:48 PM
What do you consider cost effective(price wise)? I don't have STB's yet but I will and I think they are worth it. They don't weigh much anyway.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, January 23, 2006 9:50 PM
A lot of people go with Koni yellows with either Eibach sportlines or pro-kit (I forget). Basically, don't go cheap. As the saying goes...you get what you pay for. I, personally, have the RKSport Prostreets, which they no longer make and are under a new design. If you want complete control over your suspension, check out Gravana's new coilover set with adjustable dampening. That is probably the most complete set for our cars as of now. With the Koni's, you will need to do some modifing where the Gravana set is a complete bolt on with no modifications.

Gravana Coilovers

As for as a strut bar. The weight is so negligible that it won't matter. But you can find it cheaper than 85 bucks. The brace will add stability to the rear (less flexing within the body of the car). Couple this with a pair of sway bars and a front strut brace and you're set.

Check out www.gravanatuning.com and www.turbotechracing.com for your stuff!

Hope this helps you out a bit

Monday, January 23, 2006 9:51 PM
Whoops, sorry. You're looking for cost effective stuff....if you're looking for that, then the Gravana Coilovers aren't very cost effective...

Monday, January 23, 2006 9:54 PM
Go to gravana and order there package deal on Vibrant strut bars, $119 for front and rear shipped. Very good quality look great under the hood.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 7:12 AM
^ WTF? He's asking about struts. Not bars.

Cost effective, simple, easy: KYB AGX + Eibach ProKit. It'll work, not spending "too much", getting what you're paying for.
eBay Search for AGXs eBay Search for ProKit

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 7:13 AM
Cool thanks for the input!

Maybe not the best, but at least it's American.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:33 AM
Quote:

^ WTF? He's asking about struts. Not bars.

Think ya missed the last line

Quote:

Any comments on rear strut braces? Are they Worth the $85, or just adds unessessary weight to the car?

I agree the Vibrant bars are among the prettiest under the hood.
Go for it.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:16 AM
Oops... Egg on my face. Didn't even read that, thought it was part of his sig.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search