Pro Kit / AGX problem... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pro Kit / AGX problem...
Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:14 PM
I just installed some KYB AGX's on my Eibach Pro Kit's on a 03 LS sport. After the install, I noticed the front passenger side strut is sticking up higher than the driver side. ( 1/4 inch above being flush w/ opening) Upon further investigation it seems the washer that kyb supplies for the top of the strut is sunk down into the rubber at the top of the strut on the driver side. however it seems the nuts are equally threaded down and both tight. Any input as to how the washer should sit/look? Thanks.

Re: Pro Kit / AGX problem...
Sunday, January 15, 2006 4:47 PM
How are your isolators and bearing plates?

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Monday, January 16, 2006 8:02 AM
the washers should be down into the rubber part, they need to make contact with the metal and take up the space between the nut and the mettal plate to allow a tight fit between the strut and the car.

Are you getting any clunking in the front?

-Chris

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:20 AM
drive it abit and see if they even out
Monday, January 16, 2006 1:27 PM
Wanna know somthing funny? I have this same exact problem but reversed.. They function normally and don't sqeek or clunk. But one of the tops of the strut where the adjuster is sits higher in one strut mount. When i ordered mine, I went through Advance auto parts along with the Prokit. At the time of ordering they could only get me 3 of the 4 struts. 2 rears and 1 front. The front had to come from their suppliers warehouse in CA instead of the one in PA. So the other one remained on back order for a month, and then they cancelled the order with them and went directly through KYB themselves. Upon recieving the new strut, the new one came with the spacer and a little blurb about it while the other front didn't have the spacer. So i figured that was a new thing they were doing to accomodate the Difference in strut mounts though all j-body years. Knowing the problem only was happening with the 2000+ mounts i didn't at first use the spacer.. After the install... Ryan the shop owner at RDFABS notice this when me and chris finished my car there was a gap below the one sent to me directly from KYB. So i took the top nut off and put the spacer in to accomodate the gap. The other one was sitting with no gap but 1/4 shorter than the one that came with the spacer. I've also noticed that one side of my car is sitten ever so slightly higher in front than the other. So i went to Advabce last thursday, and they have having their supplier ship me in a brand new one. I just have to bring the old one in and swap everything out. Maybe you should contact who ever you bought yours through and see what they will do for you.

Monday, January 16, 2006 3:17 PM
No clunking. if anything, there is a slight squeaking that you can barely hear. I was thinkin of pullin both struts and tearin them down and startin over. Won't take that long and this time I'll look for any differences in the struts or assembly...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search