Q's Tein Basics at Gravana - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Q's Tein Basics at Gravana
Saturday, January 14, 2006 7:57 AM
I'm looking for a suspension that provides good handling for the track, good looks on the street, and I also want flexibility. I'm not a fan of fixed spring kits because you can't adjust ride height. That said, I'm quite fond of Tein products. I'm on a tight budget these days, and I'm considering the Tein Basic suspension package from Gravana. I have all the faith in the world that the Basics are just as high quality as Tein's more expensive lines, but I wanted some opinions from those that share my driving habits and use their cars in the same way, who have actually used the Basic kit. And as far as the price, I was wondering if anyone has found this kit anywhere else for a lower price. I know next to nothing about Gravana and it's important to me that I find a reputable dealer because all that matters to me as well.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.

Re: Q's Tein Basics at Gravana
Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:08 AM
if you want flexability , you dont want the basics

you want the s/s's , they have adjustable strut dampining

the basics are pretty much just a coil over set up , no adjustable dampining

gravana can get the s/s's also

Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:33 AM
for cheaper u can get them off ebay and the ss's also
Saturday, January 14, 2006 10:38 AM
unless you play with settings dampening wise a lot, there is no reason to get the ss's over the basics

Saturday, January 14, 2006 4:01 PM
i don't really know much about the setups, but you did ask about gravana and reputability. they're great. i got the gravana coil overs and i've been on the phone with them more often than not during the install and reinstall after inspection to find out that on of the strut shafts was cut too long. their customer service is excellent. i will definitely keep buying from them. they're a great company to deal with.

-john
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:22 AM
I bought my basics from Gravana. The basics are great, I think mine are starting to wear in, (that or I'm getting used to them) and so is Gravana. They both get my approval. When the money comes I'm switching to the SS's

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:11 AM
I spent some more time on the Gravana site, and I have an interesting question. Now, I'm pretty much set on the Tein Basics, but just out of morbid curiosity, why does Gravana bother offering sleeve kits for stock struts? It's been covered many, many times, and whether we admit it or not we all know you should NEVER use stock struts with lowring springs, especially coilover sleeve kits. I'm guessing the Ground Control kit they sell is capable of over a 2" drop, but I noticed they sell them specifically for stock struts (can't handle the drop), KYB struts (warrantied to 1.5"), and even for Koni, which I'm guessing aren't much better than the KYBs. Any thoughts on this?

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:49 AM
Jim (gravana) is a great guy.

The sleeve kits work for AGX's, and KONI's etc as well. Both which are capable of drops, AGX 1.5, Koni's (whatever you dare).

The sleeve kit for stock struts also works on the koni's.

Koni's are rebuildable, and are not warrantied by the manufacturer because the intended use of them is motor sports.

You have to realize there is a demand even if it is cheap, or not high quality. However if you ask what they reccomend they'll push you towards the good stuff, and tell you why.

-Chris

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:03 PM
Thanks. It was just something I felt I had to ask. I do believe I will be going with the Teins, though. For the money, they seem like my best bet.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:28 PM
gravana is like any company , you gotta have items people want

and you have to have a large selection , or you will loose a potential buyer

most buyers know what they want , or want a choice , also people want to be able to compair prices , specs , so they can pick the part that suits their needs , or what they can afford

if you dont have that part you more than a sale , you potentally lost 10/20 more sales , from word of mouth

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 2:05 PM
Why do they sell them: Same reason people sell those crap kits on eBay, because people buy them. Simple rule of business, sell what the customer will buy.

As stated above, if you ask, they'll tell you not to get them, and why.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search