Flooding agian... - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Flooding agian...
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 7:53 AM
Anyone flooding yet in Ohio. There starting to close a lot of main roads up here. Its not as bad as 2006. YET.
I guess we will see. Might be an interesting trek home, after work.....and maybe getting two LD9 motors.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Re: Flooding agian...
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 8:37 AM
yep we got it here too, would have got called off work if i would have actually had to go in today.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 9:34 AM
Yeah the olentangy is pretty high here in columbus but no flooding really..My parents live up in Findlay and they got it pretty good again...

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 10:08 AM
Toledo is getting there. Our wonderful Ottawa river aka the "city dump" lol is close to going over the banks again. And the parking garage on campus had about 2 foot of water when i left at 12. It had only about 1 foot when i went through it at 10:30!!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 10:51 AM
OhForKavaleerLSport wrote:Yeah the olentangy is pretty high here in columbus but no flooding really..My parents live up in Findlay and they got it pretty good again...

I guess it's gonna be worse out your parents way which is west of town. In town flood stage is 11ft, and it's supposed to get up to around 14 and a half. Which, I suppose isn't as bad as back in august. I've got an areal picture here. If you know what you're looking at, you can see LaRiche Chevrolet (who did not move his cars and lost a bunch of them) and the 5 way traffic light is under water. Too bad I didn't have a shot out on 224 a little bit. I dunno if you heard, US 224 started to flood over and went right through Treadway's dealership. Turns out that he didn't have any flood insurance and lost over 2 million dollars worth of vehicles.

here's the shot:

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 11:04 AM
holy hell!
glad i've never seen flooding like that
the town creek in ashland floods but that just wets down the little league fields

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 11:41 AM
yeah..I was up helpin out my dad..ironically he is the manager of a plumbing and heating store..and it flooded..luckily they had flood insurance..but they lost a lot of stuff

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 1:08 PM
Well... the Sheriff just closed the roads (Level 3). The police has their mobile command center on the north side of the town for officers assigned to the north end of town, while the officers on the south side are dispatched from the police station. Fire dept. has guys assigned to the rescue boats and everything.

Looks like we're in for round 2. Now they're saying it's gonna crest at 15.1 feet later this evening. It was raining quite good, but upon just looking out the window it's starting to snow and freeze. So this is gonna be major fun. I might be spending a lot of time at work plowing snow and spreading salt all night.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 2:54 PM
flooded like a mofo here near Medina, most of the area surrounding Chippewa Lake has been closed down

---

Thursday, February 07, 2008 7:47 PM
i live in michigan but i also live on a river so i feel yall's pain. the river that runs by my house 2 weeks ago crested at 7.3 feet, which is half of what your talking about but when the house's sit right on the bank, it does some damage. i wish you guys the best of luck and hope everything turns out ok for you.

Thursday, February 07, 2008 8:44 PM
Wow, glad we aren't getting anything crazy here...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search