anyone tune in kc area - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anyone tune in kc area
Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:17 PM
as summer nears im wanting to do a few serious mods, specifically, port and polish, valve train, cams and hopefully a little boost... my main question is does anyone in kansas city, or surrounding know how to tune using hp tuners.. i dont feel nearly comfortable enough to do it myself???

hop on in i've got a J

Re: anyone tune in kc area
Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:01 PM
why didnt you ask me this? mc racing does it and they have an in house dyno. I have a really good friend that works there, I can see what i can do for you.

here is their site

Friday, March 21, 2008 12:04 PM
well you were the next person i was gonna ask man, im wantin to do the 2.4 ecotec manifold and a stage 2 comp cam pretty soon i think... im ready to get some more damn power... if i can swing the money, id love to get the head ported and polished too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 21, 2008 12:07 PM

hop on in i've got a J

Friday, March 21, 2008 12:50 PM
Looks like a decent shop, the numbers they post for their project vehicles are ridiculously low though... 500hp out of a TT C6 Vette... Lame! That number can be had with an intake, cam, long tubes and exhaust

Friday, March 21, 2008 7:12 PM
Hey Casey.........if you give me a shout, I can get you started.

I am running a full stand-alone Electromotive Tec 3 in my ride running 18 psi at low boost.

Signature Powered by Exploited Racing
Saturday, March 22, 2008 6:35 PM
Johnny Mack wrote:Hey Casey.........if you give me a shout, I can get you started.

I am running a full stand-alone Electromotive Tec 3 in my ride running 18 psi at low boost.

so if you tune with hptuners do you need to get the program or do you have it already and we just have to buy the credits? Mc racing does great work but also comes with a hefty price, if i can find someone to do it for cheaper and knows whats going on id also be interested. Where are you located? I know casey personally so we could both get together and meet you, send me a pm with your info and maybe we could meet next weekend.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:48 PM
yeah send me your contact info..where you located? id be down to meet, ive heard about your car before from skinny and the guys.. my cars not ready for the tune yet but if you can tune, ill make it ready.. i havent done alot of things due to the need for a tune to run them... ex port and polish, cam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:49 PM

hop on in i've got a J

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:52 AM
Luis...Just shot you a PM...

Let me know if you get it.

Signature Powered by Exploited Racing
Monday, March 24, 2008 8:13 AM
Johnny Mack wrote:Luis...Just shot you a PM...

Let me know if you get it.

go it, ill let casey know the situation and we will give you a call and get together.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 12:46 PM
hey johnny you have a pm!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:19 AM
Hey wait a sec I'm only a few hours from KC I want in on this! How much for a decent tune?

Pilz-E wrote:I still dream of the day when I can do a rear-engine, rear drive V12 in my sunflower.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 10:23 AM
unattainable wrote:Hey wait a sec I'm only a few hours from KC I want in on this! How much for a decent tune?

well as of right now me and casey have been talking to johnny mack about everything, he doesn't have HPTuners so the plan is that me and Casey might buy it and then have him tune both of our cars, then if you would want a tune from him you would have to pay us two for the credits to use HPT and then pay johnny what ever he wants to charge. That is the plan that i have just put together while talking to johnny and casey, maybe something else is gonna happen but im just not sure. Maybe Casey will chime in and see what he says, cuz i just sent him a text letting him know.

Friday, April 04, 2008 8:19 AM
You can get tunes from the HPTuners website and forum. There's also alot of other guys on here that are willing to share there tune. I just need it hooked up to my car for a few minutes so I can download my specific tune and then I'm off.. The credits are farely cheap but it takes two credits to tune an ecotec!

Pilz-E wrote:I still dream of the day when I can do a rear-engine, rear drive V12 in my sunflower.

Friday, April 04, 2008 10:30 AM
unattainable wrote:You can get tunes from the HPTuners website and forum. There's also alot of other guys on here that are willing to share there tune. I just need it hooked up to my car for a few minutes so I can download my specific tune and then I'm off.. The credits are farely cheap but it takes two credits to tune an ecotec!

why would you wanna share a tune, when you can just get one that is specific towards your car? you have to buy the credits either way so in my opinion you might as well do a tune specific for your vehicle instead of sharing someone else's because it might not be compatible with your setup.

Friday, April 04, 2008 12:27 PM
well im plannin on gettin the software pretty soon, im not sure what computer i should put it on, being that i usually just use my mac....

hop on in i've got a J

Friday, April 04, 2008 2:46 PM
as long as you install it on a laptop your good! You can always reinstall it on a different comp later on if you need to.

The only reason I would be interested in someone elses tune would be because they would have already worked out all the bugs and got it running great and then I wouldn't have to pay someone a bunch of money for them to do the same damn thing... Maybe not the best logic in the world but I'm a tuner on a budget! lol

Friday, April 04, 2008 8:48 PM
i guess whatever works for you, if you get with someone like johnny then it wouldn't be anywhere near what you would be paying at a shop. as far as tuning on a budget, i'm paying for college and trying to modify at the same time. oh well, i think me and casey are going to split hptuners so if you want to get with us then just let me know, a couple of us get together and meet up in kc at hooters every second saturday of the month.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search