aftermarket intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
aftermarket intake
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:40 PM
hey.
i bet there are a million topics already on this, i tried the search but i either dont know how to use it or it kinda sucks. but any ways i want an intake system for my 99 2.4 cavi, just the filter with the tubes and what ever else comes with it but i dont want to buy some garbage from ebay. i just want to know a reliable website that some of you have used where i can get a good one.

example:

thanks

Re: aftermarket intake
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:58 PM
ebay intake+ k+n filter= win!

yes this is a very regular topic that gets covered. no the search tool does not suck. people that don't know how to use it do.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 5:17 PM
alright. thanks.
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 5:36 PM

sorry bud, part of being a newbie i guess.

on a more serious note, i was being honest. don't waste your money on a brand name intake. get the cheapest ebay intake you can find then slap a k+n on the end of it. for about 50-75 bucks you'll have the same end result as the 200+ dollar intake. there's nothing special about an intake tube, just the filter on the end of it.

that being said, don't use that spectre garbage. that @!#$ is junk. other than that, any cheap intake is fair game.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 9:53 PM
Also remember, it depends on if you want your engine bay to look like an eBay special, or something cleaner.

I prefer to spend the money on something that works and looks good when I open the hood. If you are just looking for function, then eBay pipe and K&N filter.

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 10:49 AM
EcoCav[@DesertTuners.com wrote:]Also remember, it depends on if you want your engine bay to look like an eBay special, or something cleaner.

I prefer to spend the money on something that works and looks good when I open the hood. If you are just looking for function, then eBay pipe and K&N filter.

I personally like Aem and have the same one in the pic above ( color). However, ebay pipe will be fine.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search