need help with my car!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need help with my car!!!
Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:44 PM
I have a 2002 cavalier ls sport with the 2.2 ecotec 5 speed trans. I have 90k miles on it.

I have been working on it trying to get to figure out why it will not start. It cranks over forever and ever but doesnt start up.

I pulled the plugs, there dirty but not to bad, got new ones in today (e3's) im gonna try tomorrow.
I tried a new coil pack and ignition module. No help.

Check the fuses under the hood and the ignition & battery and there are getting power.

I know the engine is getting gas too and i highly highly doubt it could be a blocked up cat. converter knowing it only has 17k miles on it.

Im gettin about 160-180 RPM when cranking according to the scanner. and the computer is reading the coolant temp at about 60 whichis about right so I wouldnt think its the coolant sensor or whatever.

I'm going to check the fuel pressure tomorrow to see if I get 60Pounds of pressure, because thats what its required I recently found out.

What else could it be? Please any help i'd really appreciate. I need to fix my car.
Thanks everyone

"A goal without a plan is just a wish"

Re: need help with my car!!!
Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:48 PM
Sounds like it could be somthing to do with the pass lock security,Is the security light going off when you are cranking,Or could be fuel pump.
Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:52 PM
Every once in a great while when im cranking it, ill see the theft light come on for part the time. then go away when im still cranking it,

Saturday, February 20, 2010 3:43 PM
Hey man I had the same problem with my 98 Z24....and i ended up changing one of the computers on the front side of the motor. Im not sure which I changed but if it would be beneficial to ya i will ask my buddy tomorrow what it was. I know i changed alot on that car and it would only start once a day.....never twice so i got rid of it. I know its a diff engine but i will talk to my buddy who is a ASE certified tech and ask him wat he thinks
Saturday, February 20, 2010 5:12 PM
First thing would be to see if you have fuel and spark.

pass lock would let it start, then die right away.... it that does not happen, its not pass lock

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:22 PM
great. but actually last night i ended up taking it to the dealer near my house because they needed the car to program the computer, idk why but whatever. haha

Got it back earlier today, runs like complete @!#$! Check engine light flashs, it barely stays runnning & barely gets up and go.

I jsut did put brand new E3 spark plugs in it wednesday. so im gonna try the old plugs tomorrow, if that doesnt help, ill take it to my votech auto program again and scan the codes and take it back to the dealer to fix it right.

Sunday, February 21, 2010 12:30 AM
Sunday, February 21, 2010 6:55 AM
wasn't sure what forum to put this in. i apoloize.

Sunday, February 21, 2010 3:40 PM
Flashing check engine light = misfires.
Sunday, February 21, 2010 6:30 PM
kevin Michael wrote:
Got it back earlier today, runs like complete @!#$! Check engine light flashs, it barely stays runnning & barely gets up and go.

I jsut did put brand new E3 spark plugs in it wednesday.

take those back and get some real plugs. delco or nothing.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search