nology spark plug - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
nology spark plug
Tuesday, November 04, 2008 8:03 PM
okay so wich plug is better
nology-becouse they have silver core with no resister

or the bosch platium+4

your opions or w/e
thx

Re: nology spark plug
Tuesday, November 04, 2008 9:04 PM
my opinion is the bosch platinum +4 are garbage. you're not going to get 3 extra spots that you get the spark from, it'll still only go to one of them and that's the closest direct path. which could either be lucky that you have one gapped right on and the rest are too high, but you're more likely to have one in too close and it wouldn't ignite properly.

no personal experience for me with the nology's. but currently I'm running the NGK Iridium's and I love them. I have the 2.2 which is essentially the older version of your 2200.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 3:53 AM
The fancey (read $$$) have time and time again been shown to do nothing more than block the flame kernel, resulting in a lesser efficiant combustion. Also as stated above, electricity will only take the shortest route. The other electrodes only get in the flame path's way.

Just stick with a sigle electrode plug. In fact most N/A car do best with the stock replacement A/C Delcos. Irridium plugs do well also. For boosted or nitrous motors, copper core plugs are best, the electrode cool quicker, preventing detonation.

Thursday, November 06, 2008 7:03 PM
run ac delcos. dont waste your $ on the other ones.

Friday, November 07, 2008 2:29 AM
E3's in my '94 2.2L S-truck... Gap is factory set by the plug maker (The side electrode ties to the threaded sleeve like an inverted crown) and I get an average of 24.7mpg with them.

BTW: Brisk, a Chezch-Republic plug maker, offers a silver plug w/resistor... If that's what you're lookin' for. If you have a radio, or the ECM isn't that well shielded, you'll definately want to run a resistor plug to prevent the generation of electro-magnetic interference... which plays hell with electronics by creating noise.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Friday, November 07, 2008 6:15 AM
I agree with most of what has been stated. Delco's work sweet, and if N/A the iridiums do well. If boosted go copper as said. NGK TR-6 is what I run. I love them.

I wouldnt recomend them for NA though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search