next under hood upgrade..any ideas?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
next under hood upgrade..any ideas??
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:57 PM
hey, im new on this forum and i must say...its awesome..so far on my 97 cavi.. i have a stage 3 racing clutch, a racing chip, a cold air intake and a titanium rebuild kit(all done recently)..i'm trying to decide what my next engine upgrade will be ..im just looking for some opinions on what upgrade i should go with next..thanks..

Re: next under hood upgrade..any ideas??
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:11 PM
Lose the chip its not doing anything, just search about it. "titanium rebuild kit" whats rebuilt? head? bottom end? By the picture of your car in going to guess you have the 2.2L OHV. Best thing to do if your looking to make power is to swap in a 2.4 or a 2.2 ECOTEC or a V-6.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:12 PM
A snail

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:02 PM
its not actually too bad compared to a few of my friends cavi's..but i want faster...i need faster...and the titanium kit covers everything...the whole nine yards..lol..

with the v6 swap...how much cuttin and welding will be required to do that...thats been on my mind for quite sometime now...i was even thinkin V8 5.7 for a while...but i know thats a whole lot of work...probably too much...even tho i do have the engine here...on a stand just waitin to be used...lol...thanks for your replys too by the way
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:15 PM
and i know it's a snail. it is compared to what i want it to be...but hey, thats why im here...for help on what to do next
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:41 PM
haha, go turbo then..

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:44 PM
Snail is a nickname for a Turbocharger.

For the V-6 swap use the search feature.

And a complete titanium engine kit? uumm yea sure. Show me it and i'll believe it.

If you want power then ditch the engine you have and swap in atleast a 2.4 or 2.2 ecotec.

Oh yea and dont ask about the V-8 swap, you def. dont have enough knowlegde to pull it off. As far as i know no one on the org has done it.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:01 PM
dude...you dont HAVE to swap the engine to make power. The 2.2 ohv is perfectly capable of making HP. You just have to work a bit harder and maybe spend a bit more money. But hey...thats what cars are about....

Infantry!!!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:10 PM
I know you dont HAVE to swap them. If you stick with the OHV then a turbocharger would be your best bet or nitrous. I switched from a OHV to a ECOTEC and i aint going back.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:26 PM
Ecotec then add snail and your car will no longer be a snail.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:30 PM
Tinkles wrote: I switched from a OHV to a ECOTEC and i aint going back.

I could be wrong but I think you are onto something. I mean after all have you ever heard of somone swapping an ecotec for ohv? I have not.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:38 AM
what kind of horsepower will aturbo give me tho..probably not as much as i want i suppose. what do you consider is the best possible thing i can do for the most horsepower..i dont really wanna get rid of this engine now . ive just spent over 7 grand into it and to sell it now after doing all that..well i guess i could find another car.theres an idea..anyway thanks for your opinions so far.
Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:56 AM
It all depends on the turbocharger and the setup u run with it. Adam Hahn is pushing over 500 hp out of his built ECOTEC and the Hahn Stage 2 turbo kit bumps the 2.2 ECOTEC up to 220ish hp. There are a few turboed OHVs that i can think of, but SEARCH is your best friend.

Im not saying the OHV is a bad motor, its not. I have alot of confidence in my old OHV, but my ECO is just sooooo much more fun.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search