help needed asap on injector install - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help needed asap on injector install
Sunday, September 23, 2007 1:00 PM
I just installed ford brown top injectors on my 98 cavalier 2200 now it idles like @!#$ has anyone ran injectors like these on there stock fpr im about to put a afpr in right now but im just making sure that is the problem what do u think?>

Re: help needed asap on injector install
Sunday, September 23, 2007 1:06 PM
did you tune for larger injectors?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, September 23, 2007 2:01 PM
no
Sunday, September 23, 2007 4:56 PM
so, you're running bigger (higher flowing) injectors on a stock tune. so the computer thinks there's a stock injector in there, when in reality, it opens the pintle valve and fuel just hemorrhages into the port. sounds like you're running way too rich. before you blow something up, do it right. get hptuners, tune for those bigger injectors, and you wont have the problem.

of course, this is just what i think is wrong, i could be a completely wrong a$$hole.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 5:50 PM
You can turn the fuel pressure down to about 30psi to get them to idle. Its that or HPT, but it won't ever run right without any tuning of any kind.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, September 24, 2007 6:00 PM
what else could i do would it help to tune with a wideband o2
Monday, September 24, 2007 6:41 PM
You need to change your injector constant. Tuning with a wideband will always help but as far as just runing right you need to change the constant.

Monday, September 24, 2007 8:16 PM
so i can use a wideband to fix that i dont have the money right now to get it tuned with hptuners
Monday, September 24, 2007 8:37 PM
uhh, a wideband wont help you any without any way to actually change the settings in the computer.

to reiterate, A WIDEBAND ON ITS OWN WILL NOT HELP.

Monday, September 24, 2007 10:58 PM
why not just put the stock injectors back in and adjust the fpr to the stock level. problem solved

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:25 PM
im guessing because he's boosted. he does need more fuel, but he needs to tune for it.

Friday, September 07, 2012 12:07 AM
kinda in that same boat . have a 99 cavalier with 91 quad4 h.o in it, did brown top injector swap and homemade resistor box . Now it idles ok but wont rev past 4k in any gear.no codes besides my cam sensor thats not hooked up any advice
Friday, September 07, 2012 1:57 AM
wow holy old thread... i was about to give the O.P. @!#$ before i realized this is 5 years old...

We need a very old thread notifier.

In this case, it would have been acceptable to create a new thread,.. its 2012, not 2007, you have a different motor, . and hpt doesn't apply to a 91 pcm ... so its off subject from the orig post.

To answer your question, there are a few people in here with H.O. swaps, however, they are almost all on quad4forums.com with a lot of other people that build the older quad engines. You'll probably get a faster reply to your question over there..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search