Ignition System? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ignition System?
Saturday, September 08, 2007 6:56 PM
Would a new ignition system help out? I don't really notice a bad start up, sometimes its a bit hesitant but it was never really a concern. With winter around the corner i'm thinking it might give me trouble. It's an 03 L61 cavalier, so i dont see why it'd have any troubles?

Does a new ignition system, speaking after market of course, make a big difference performance wise? Any difference at all? I figured i'd have a better start up but thats about all. I'm out of my league when it comes to ignition.

Finally, how much is involved in installing an ignition system? I dont think it'd be too hard? Any brands i should stick with, websites to purchase from?

I'm not sure if this post is worth it or not. Idk anything about the ignition system, but to be honest, i dont think it'd give me any gains performance wise.

- 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER LS SPORT ECOTEC -

- Current Mods -
-- Vibrant Exhaust & DC Sport Header --
-- Lower Motor Mount & TTR Upper Motor Mount --
-- B&M ShiftPlus & Vibrant Front STB --
-- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake --

RIP DAD<3 We love & miss you so much!

Re: Ignition System?
Saturday, September 08, 2007 7:28 PM
The only thing an ignition system is going to give you is a more immediate start up, better spark, and much smoother running engine.
If you're running boost or nitrous, then an advanced ignition would be better for higher compression in the cylinder. Plus the fact that with an aftermarket ignition, you can delay timing for boost or nitrous.
Just keep it tuned, use the best plugs you can buy, and if you've got the coil over plug setup, keep the springs clean or upgrade them.
They tend to rust and compress with age.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search