help with 96 z24 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help with 96 z24
Monday, June 04, 2007 5:44 PM
hello everyone , im looking to boost my 96 z24 2.4l, starting maybe with 10lbs of boost , i want to know first if a could use my stock injectors.. what im basically want to know is how many cc's are my stock injectors and what is the impedance of those please ..
can i use injectors from a 3.1 z24 ??

2nd question .. can i use my stock fuel pump ?? which one can i use please

thanks

Re: help with 96 z24
Monday, June 04, 2007 5:59 PM
I believe they are 252cc injectors and low impedance...I dont know about the 3.1 injectors but I wouldnt imagine they have many more ccs. My guess is with 10lbs of boost you would want 370-450cc injectors. I think you could use ford brown top 35# injectors the ones im looking at are low impedence....they might fit without modification. I know the green tops do but they are high imepance...I think I remeber people on here talking about using brown tops. Hope that helps and if im wrong sombody please correct me.

Monday, June 04, 2007 6:30 PM
thanks for all the info,, but what about the fuel pump....... can i use the same one or i need something different
thanks
Monday, June 04, 2007 6:33 PM
were i could search for those ford brown top injectors ?
Monday, June 04, 2007 6:39 PM
Glad I can help. Im not sure about the fuel pump...I have seen people post on here about a blazer fuel pump swap. Try searching on google or ebay for the brown tops but like I said above im not sure if they are direct bolt on, I am sure you will need new clips(harnesses but they call them clips if you didnt already know).

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 1:41 PM
can i use high impedance injectors with my car or they have to be low impedance ?????

thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search