muffler idea? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
muffler idea?
Sunday, June 03, 2007 10:20 PM
Today i was driving behind a g35 and started to think "what if i put a g35 muffler on my car what would it sound like?"

Well this is my question today, has any one ever tried to put on a G35 or a Z06 or some other crazy car's muffler on our cars?
What did it sound like and it it help? I dunno i just like the way g35's sound...granted i know i drive a 4 banger but.... let me know guys thanks!!

Re: muffler idea?
Monday, June 04, 2007 6:21 AM
You won't be able to duplicate that exhaust note with just the muffler...unless you have that VQ35 engine.

However, I don't know what it would sounds like. I'm not sure how their muffler are built but, you could try
Monday, June 04, 2007 6:56 AM
i woud think since guys with g35's and 350z's are swapping out their exhaust for performance ones, that they are probably a restriction as well, just like ours are.

also, seeing a few g35's and 350z's with exhausts (well, hearing them really) and finding that their exhaust note doesnt really change wih a performance muffler, im going to say that the sound is probably more related to the vq engine and not the exhaust.

1997 RedR - ZedR
Monday, June 04, 2007 10:30 PM
yea i kinda figured that already ....thanks anyways ill do some more research
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 3:44 AM
^^^ agreed w/ sound opinions its the engine more than the muffler

guaranteed it will flow better than a stock J muffler, the piping is larger inside and out. however...OEM mufflers tend to be large and heavy, and possibly not too cheap even from a wrecking yard. youd be better off with an aftermarket muffler.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search