Go all Out? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Go all Out?
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:20 AM
The car I'm dealing with is a '98 Z. I'm plannin on doin something with the exhaust. I was hopin to get a better sound with it but a little better performance would be good. I'm on a limited budget and I thought I would throw my options at ya and see what ya'll thought. I found a decent stainless cat-back for $200 shipped. Or I could just put an Ebay muffler on it. Either one would be better than stock. Would it be better to just wait until my budget is a little better and do a full exhaust, and in the meantime just stick a muffler on it? Or is the cat-back gonna live up to what i'm lookin for. That would save me a little money. I'm not plannin on puttin a header on it unless its a turbo header. I'm leaving a little bit of room for boost in the future. Any Help welcome thanx

Re: Go all Out?
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:46 AM
well, you can pick up a cheapie pacesetter thats just painted black for around $100 IIRC... so you could do that for one option.

as for the catback, u will gain a little hp, but dont expect much. as for a good sound, IMO the only way to do it is buy a quiet muffler and use in conjunction with an entire exhuast setup, say a flowmaster or a dynamax, something along tho's lines. that way when u get on it its louder then stock, but when ur just puttn around its decently quiet. thats just me tho, i hate my loud exhuast and cant wait to ditch it. im running a header, high-flow cat, all bends mandrel and a magnaflow open-flow muffler and its just too ricey sounding for me-i used to like that sort of thing, but have since wanted to stray away from it and go quiet.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search