bumble bee exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bumble bee exhaust
Monday, April 23, 2007 5:04 PM
hey everyone...
well i got my full exhaust put on... 2 1/4" piping...pacesetter ceramic coated header...magnaflow hi flow cat....18" off brand resonator and 2 performance plus turbo mufflers (made by same peole that make dynomax super turbo) walker and they are 14" x 5" x 10" (sorry if i have them in the wrong order) and when i punch on it to pass somebody...it sounds like i have a tin can rattling and well it doesnt sound good at all! so does anybody have any advice on switching something out or adding on

Re: bumble bee exhaust
Monday, April 23, 2007 5:15 PM
usually the longer the muffler the deeper the tone and less raspy it will be. I stayed with the stock length went to a flowmaster knock off muffler and its not bad for a 2.2. whats the stock length 18"? that might help

Monday, April 23, 2007 5:19 PM
you could try a longer resonator. magnaflow glass pack will work and is real cheap on ebay.

www.rdracing.110mb.com
Monday, April 23, 2007 5:24 PM
Longer resonator, Better quality muffler.

Monday, April 23, 2007 5:25 PM
would one or the other help it out? or would i have to do both?

Monday, April 23, 2007 5:34 PM
Well if you wanted to be sure you could change out both, i would recommend just changing the resonator to a 18" or 22" magnaflow glass pack to start with. There like $30 shipped on ebay and it's like $20 to get it put on. then if it still sounds bad you could try a magnaflow street series muffler

www.rdracing.110mb.com
Monday, April 23, 2007 6:33 PM
would going from 18" to 22" resonator help out alot?

Monday, April 23, 2007 8:27 PM
what size do you have now?

www.rdracing.110mb.com
Monday, April 23, 2007 8:29 PM
if it were me i would do them both, dont cheap out on it, do it right and do it right the first time. The bigger and longer your exhaust is the less buzz it will have. the bigger resonator will help for sure. if you want just do the resonator and see if thats enough. if not then muffler.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:35 PM
i have an 18" now

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:02 PM
would this make a difference?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search