A/C - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A/C
Friday, April 20, 2007 7:18 PM
hi im trieing to remove my car from having ac and was wondering what to do with the lines that are going into the pump any help is great i have done nothing but unbolt the compreser thx

Re: A/C
Friday, April 20, 2007 7:44 PM
how about removing the AC and not the car
Friday, April 20, 2007 8:09 PM
Chef Dug wrote:how about removing the AC and not the car

Just remove them and throw away,you'll probably have some oil come out of the line ,dont' worry about it.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Friday, April 20, 2007 10:58 PM
ya i took all my A/C stuff out and bought a belt with out A/C you will notice the power
Saturday, April 21, 2007 12:05 AM
99cavy22 wrote:ya i took all my A/C stuff out and bought a belt with out A/C you will notice the power

You my friend have a 2.2 engine, they probably have made that car without ac therefore you getting a belt to accomodate no ac

however the 2.4l engine i they did not offer that...so you cant really just buy a belt...i removed mine and gave the tensioer pulley a bigger size a used a shorter belt, but, my tensioner does not really work the way it should. Kinda hard to explain. PM me if you want more details

Saturday, April 21, 2007 9:21 AM
Philio is correct as I did the same but you should run the bypass pulley for the 2.4,I ran a 350k5 but the belt is around the tensioner pulley on the rib side of the belt,shouldn't be that way but does work

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Saturday, April 21, 2007 10:14 AM
so you can just cut the lines
Saturday, April 21, 2007 12:08 PM
You can cut the lines but why doint you just unscrew them fromt the reciever/drier and evap....looks cleaner than cut lines
i dont know why this pic is small but you can get the jist of it...the dotted line is the stock belt routing and the solid line is how im set up without ac

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search