stage 3 cv axles - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stage 3 cv axles
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 7:02 PM
I need stage 2or 3 axles for 04 Eco auto
thanks for the help

Re: stage 3 cv axles
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 7:15 PM
Uh.... okay.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:04 PM
You breaking axles already? I doubt it. Anyway... www.thedriveshaftshop.com

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:28 PM
I don't think that your going to need upgraded axles. The stock ones can take some pretty good abuse.

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 11:29 PM
are you planning a engine build for turbo??
even the strongest axles can still break. hope you upgraded your suspenion too

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 12:44 AM
not to be a dick Zorro but ...........I have to agree with these guys

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 3:26 AM
For this small noise reason and a few more<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2012978937">hugo's supercharged cavalier</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=2012978937&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&videoid=2012978937&title=hugo's supercharged cavalier">Add to My Profile</a> | <a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home"> More Videos</a>
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 3:31 AM
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 9:00 AM
i didnt really see anything that screamed i need new axles... it may be a s/c cav, but even so, i really dont think you'll need them.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 9:51 AM
250whp sc auto ecotec here with many hard launches and not a single problem.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 11:42 AM
I think Fast Cavi already broke the driver side axle Sunday night is the reason he is asking. Link to car

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 2:21 PM
^yeah. i watched that video when it was posted the first time. my statement still stands.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 3:25 PM
Id say let him do it. his car, his money; and this in my opinion falls into 2 phrases, do it right the first time, and you get what you pay for.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 3:37 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:Id say let him do it. his car, his money; and this in my opinion falls into 2 phrases, do it right the first time, and you get what you pay for.

like he said do it right the first time . thanks for the help anyways
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 6:41 PM
fast cavi wrote:
Vincent Morris wrote:Id say let him do it. his car, his money; and this in my opinion falls into 2 phrases, do it right the first time, and you get what you pay for.

like he said do it right the first time . thanks for the help anyways

Do it right the first time?? See that makes no sense when axles are not a weak link on our cars. This has been proven many, many many times. There is 11 second J's on stock axles. We have seen more broken axles because of crappy drivers then because of power. Of course no one wants to admit that there driving is the problem. I agree it is your money, but we should also try to help you make the best pick in mods. You could uise that money to get ALky injection, or pulley upgrade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 07, 2007 6:42 PM

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 8:24 PM
You really need the stage 5 axles!!! they are like twice as strong and give you 20 extra horsepower.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:08 AM
it doesnt matter if he 'needs' them or not, if he wants them let him get them. If you know the answer to his question respond, if not, dont bother him just cuz you wouldnt replace them.

----------------------------------------------------------------
www.bradsairsoft.com
Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:24 AM
The general idea behind these forums is to help people, We are trying to help him by letting him know that pissing away over 700 bucks is not the way to go. 700 bucks can make alot of HP.

And no he does not need stage 3 axles, take it from someone with the same basic setup but with more HP... my damn axles are fine.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 12:52 PM
Take the advise about not needing upgraded axles and spend your money on something else. Like others have said the stock axles are more than stong enough. I have been running a set of stock 2000 axles (my passengers side is twice as long as yours btw) and I haven't had one issue with them. I make over 300wtq at 2000rpm so if there was a question about there strength I would know. If you are doing reverse rollbacks or getting a lot of wheel hop then that is probably whats causing them to break.

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:48 PM
i was thinking about if i ever had any problems with my axels(being on air and always driving slammed) i would upgrade....any insight?
Friday, March 09, 2007 10:05 AM
raise the motor no joke.

watch for flying sparks!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search