Z24 Convertible Swap, HELP!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Z24 Convertible Swap, HELP!!!
Sunday, March 04, 2007 8:39 AM
hey ladies & gentleman I am doing the preliminary planning for a new project car. A 1995 Cavalier LS Convertible. The car has 136K miles on it so its due soon for either a new motor or a rebuild, I do plan on boosting the motor in the end, I'm leaning more toward the first option because I'm not really a fan of single cam motors, so my question to all Z24 swaps, & anyone else who has the knowledge, is do I need to swap my BCM if I swap the motor to a Z24? I know that the ECU will most certianly need to be swapped but do the ECU & BCM need to match?

It beats a Honda!

Re: Z24 Convertible Swap, HELP!!!
Sunday, March 04, 2007 12:08 PM
Is it a true 95 vert? If so thats rare, also did it come with the 2.4? Check if it is OBD-2 since many 95s were.

Let us know then you can get real help.

Good find,
Chris

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
2.3-2.4 HO ADAPTER FLANGES 65$ shipped, Check GP Forum!
Sunday, March 04, 2007 1:44 PM
I know for a fact that it has a 2200 in it and not a LD9(Z24) but i'll check on the OBD status. I don't know if this would be helpful or not, but the 2.4 I would be swapping in is gonna be from a 98, so definitly OBD2.

It beats a Honda!
Sunday, March 04, 2007 7:50 PM
There is no BCM on the pre-99 cars. There is a convenience centre, behind the dash on the passenger side, that controls some of the functions that the BCM controls in 00-05 cars. Also, the cluster on the 95-99 cars controls a lot of the stuff... DRLs, Passlock, etc.. You will probably have to do a Passlock relearn (instructions in the FAQ), but it's not hard.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search