Ram Air Intake???? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ram Air Intake????
Saturday, March 03, 2007 11:46 PM
while at my boring walmart job today, i thought up what i thought was a pretty good idea. just like some ppl that take one headlight and put a hole in it for the ram air like in skylines. i thought about taking out a corner bumper light out and doin the same but i dont have a single clue on what i would need to do this and the process of making it work correctly. can anyone gimme some thoughts and opinions?

Thanks!

Jarred

Re: Ram Air Intake????
Sunday, March 04, 2007 8:11 AM
you'd need a piece of plastic in the shape of a turn signal and a length of tube to go from that to the throttle body, as well as a few pieces of hardware (clamps, etc.) to connect it all. the easiest way to make the piece of plastic would be to take a turn signal and break/remove the lens off of it, as well as cut the back of it off. i must say though, i cant really see this making a difference for our cars.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, March 04, 2007 8:59 AM
you can call it ram water intake when it rains.
Sunday, March 04, 2007 9:10 AM
After your engine is refreshed from drinking water as you drive in the rain, you will then feel your 1 hp difference. Its a waste of time. Just buy a cheap intake off ebay, and throw a good filter on it.
Sunday, March 04, 2007 10:27 AM
Your ram intake would still need to be filtered somehow. Also, because of the length of the piping required to put the inlet down there, the "ram-air" effect would be minimal...not worth the time and cost.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:29 AM
I'm actually in the process of figuring something like this out for my Eco Cavfire. Since the pontiac front has the two sets of grills on each side of the emblem, on the left side I found out that the current pipe I have will almost fit inbetween where the hood and the radiator support. I know I'll have to get shocks for my hood prop & a smaller pipe (3" currently) but it will work and will be quite effective I believe. And for those who are going to say about the whole water thing... I plan on having a small cover that I will put on if the case would be that it would start raining too hard. I know it wont make a dramatic difference in power, but I'm looking at the sheer fact that I will be doing something that not many people have done or tried to do... due to them just not wanting to put the effort into it. Thus why I did the cavfire swap in the first place... to be different =) When I get the new pipe & start making it fit.... I'll start posting up pics.

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search