remove the balance shafts? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
remove the balance shafts?
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 4:45 PM
can you do it and keep the stock pump? the 2.3 pump seems like a lot of work to drill everywhere.

Re: remove the balance shafts?
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 5:29 PM
need the 2.3 pump... you can get neutrally balanced shafts, but the swap is totally worth it

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:58 PM
just removing the balance shafts doesnt seem worth it. You might pick up 5-10hp. But if you do that with the 2.3L pump swap, its worth it, b/c then you get a few hp back and get a much better oiling system.

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 1:49 PM
is there a post how to do it in the laneway? i dont want to pull my engine out. is it complicated drilling and stuff? i did i search and didnt come up how to do it any have a link? trying to get the most form my engine beofre i boost just to see how feel but the seat of my pants i can get from this site. the only mod i dont want to try is full exhaust but im thinking about it since i have the header but turbo too
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search