spintech mufflers - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
spintech mufflers
Monday, July 31, 2006 8:45 AM
i was wondering if anyone ever used a spintech muffler on a cavi? I was thinking about trying it out because i have them on my mustang and they sound sick. I wasnt sure what sound to expect out of these with a cavi though, any input would be great.

Re: spintech mufflers
Monday, July 31, 2006 10:11 AM
If it sounded good on a stang, it will sound like crap on a J.

Monday, July 31, 2006 10:36 AM
have you ever heard one on a four banger before? might not sound bad. I just want something deaper instead of ricey, I hate the honda sound.
Monday, July 31, 2006 10:49 AM
Well i know that MOST mufflers on V8 will sound like pissed off bees on a 4 banger.

Thus, i perfer dynomax, and a resonator atleast 18"s.

Maybe thats what your gonna need to make it sound good, A resonator.

Monday, July 31, 2006 11:13 AM
what kind of sound do you get from that setup? what is the resonator, where is it? I currently have a fart can on the car and its way too loud, i put the silencer in it and it sounds like crap because the bolt always vibrates at lower rpms.
Monday, July 31, 2006 12:15 PM
A resonator is like a pre muffler, its inline with the exhaust piping, after the cat but before the muffler. Glass packs are used alot as a resonator, and you want perforated core not louvered.

A resonator takes away the buzzing and popping noises you get from a 4 banger exhaust. Quiets your exhaust till you get on it, then will be a nice deep tone.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 5:42 AM
trust me, if your going to do a cat back and your thinking about changing your cat, get a resonator. I dont have one yet and its needed. Badly.

deleted
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 10:17 AM
Brenden Griswold wrote:trust me, if your going to do a cat back and your thinking about changing your cat, get a resonator. I dont have one yet and its needed. Badly.

Amen, my dynomax super turbo sounds just like one of those 5" tip fart cannons.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search