Throttle cable placement - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Throttle cable placement
Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:18 AM
I just completed a HO mani swap in my LD9. I think i got everything done right but am not sure about the throttle cable. I used the 2.3 T/B but I re-drilled the 2.4 bracket to fit. Is that what I was supposed to do? It works and all, there is just a sound and feel of rubbing in the line somewhere, is that normal? I guess i should say I haven't actually started the car so i truely dont know if i did the cable right, but it feels right.

Here is a pic. Let me know if it doesn't work.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/14405144274.jpg&s=f5

I am getting up early to go get the hose to connect the brake booster to the T/B so i would like to know if i set it up wrong before i go nuts driving all day. Thanks.

Shawn M.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Re: Throttle cable placement
Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:36 AM
yes that looks rite

Friday, May 26, 2006 1:48 AM
Sound and rubbing, bad can cause it to snap but it should only be rubbing if its kinked or bent somewhere. If the gas doesnt feel like its stiff or gets stuck you should be ok. If you can, get some graphite lub, its powder lubrication and pour it into the cable shrouding. Thats should help.
Friday, May 26, 2006 6:50 AM
I did the exact same setup with my HO manfiold. used the 2.4 cable and bracket on the 2.3L TB. I'd check for kinks in the cable for sure. I moved my battery, and I still had a tough time routing the cable to the TB, my guess is its a little to kinked in one spot. The 2.4L bracket puts the cable at a horrible angle, downwards and towards the battery/fender area.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search