eco torque damper - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
eco torque damper
Thursday, May 11, 2006 8:01 AM
anyone know where i can get a torque damper for an 03 cavy?? i dont wanna have to fab a plate for one

many changes in the making
my favorite part about doing bodywork,.......... bondo bugers

Re: eco torque damper
Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:58 PM
check out cobaltss.net they have 1

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:05 PM
the cobalts do have 1 , but the motor mount is different than the j-body mount

i know i was talking with a freind and he did mention the possibility of 1 coming out for the j-bodies

Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:43 PM
Does does a torque damper differ than the aftermarket motor mounts we have?

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:50 PM
*listening*

Monday, May 22, 2006 8:59 PM
a torque damper doesnt replace the mounts, it connects the engine to the chassis at a high oint to prevent the engine from rocking when you accelerate, thus tnasferring more orque and power to the wheels, i know tien makes then for most foreign cars but, then again i dont own a subu or a toyo so i guess im S.O.L in less anyone has an idea.....

Monday, May 22, 2006 10:35 PM
Wow I can already hear people complaining about vibration noise and it doesn't even exist yet!

15.149 @ 91.26mph 3-18-2006
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:58 AM
its a pneumatic or hydraulic strut kinda like the ones in your suspension. The cobalt one won't work because there's no bracket on the strut tower to mount it to like there is in the 'balt. However if you ordered the cobalt one it really wouldn't be too hard to get it to work with some flat stock, a saw, and a drill. Personally, I don't know if there's really any advantage to this over a full set of mounts, especially since the J has a pretty good 4 mount setup.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:47 PM
well i was gonna do a full poly mount replace and throw on the damper for engine roll control

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:30 PM
BlackEco wrote:Wow I can already hear people complaining about vibration noise and it doesn't even exist yet!

Man you read my mind...only a matter of time on that one

Silver Stripey makes your Day!
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:40 PM
John VanCuran wrote:well i was gonna do a full poly mount replace and throw on the damper for engine roll control

Believe that the lower motor mount is really good for this. A full upper mount (not an insert) would work great too if you get Turbo Tech Racing's or RKSport's.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search