Exaust Opinions( HELP) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exaust Opinions( HELP)
Monday, March 27, 2006 8:26 PM
alright guys i have a 99 sunfire GT....it comes with stock dual exaust. i wanna go with either a magnaflow or borla exaust..and i wanted to go with one exaust exit not a dual...but you all prolly know that GTs have the slits in the bumper for duals.....is there an easy way i can cover the slit or should i just go for the dual exaust....the reason i didnt wanna go with the dual in the first place was cuz i didnt want crazy raspy sound...i wanna nice deep tone

Re: Exaust Opinions( HELP)
Monday, March 27, 2006 10:01 PM
Just because you have 2 mufflers doesn't mean your exhaust will be raspy. The size of your exhaust, the type of mufflers you have and whether you have resonators plays effect in the sound.

You should be able to go single outlet fine.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Exaust Opinions( HELP)
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:15 AM
I went with a single outlet on mine, but the bumpers they changed to in 2000 aren't nearly as defined for the dual exhaust as the 95-99 ones are.

In 2000, they used the same bumpers for GT and SE so it looks fine with a single tip. Even with my RK Sport valence, I think it looks good since there's an open area all the way across rather than a cutout for the pipe.

For you... I'm not sure what you can do. Maybe some body people will know what's possible for attaching some urethane or something to cover it up, but that should probably be in the exterior forum.

You could always just change bumpers. An SE bumper probably wouldn't hang low enough to line up with your skirts but you could get a 00-03 bumper and just paint your stock reverse light housings black.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search