Ho swap install, help needed - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ho swap install, help needed
Saturday, March 18, 2006 11:35 PM
I am attempting the Ho swap on my 97 2.4 with automatic transmission. I have already taken off the 2.4 tb and I had a few questions. Will 50mm bolts work or do I need 60mm? Did any body have problems with two hoses that are running in between two of the old manifold runners? I believe on of them is an intake hose, it is connected with a hose on my short ram intake. Well I am going to try to finish the rest of the install tomorrow morning. Hoepfully I can get it done fairly quickly, if anybody has any tips I am all ears.
thanks for reading,
chris c

what is is yo

Re: Ho swap install, help needed
Sunday, March 19, 2006 5:37 AM
50mm bolts will work fine if you dont have the Spacer from Fontana.. If you do have the spacer everybody suggests the 60mm.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, March 19, 2006 8:59 AM
I am having problems getting the HO manifold to fit down in the spot where it is supposed to go. There seems to be a black metal line that runs directly in its path, i believe it is the brake booster line. Do I have to cut this line? if so how do i get it to fit on the tb?

what is is yo
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:15 AM
Yes you do

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:16 AM
just wondering when you got you manifold did it have black sludge in it? what did you use to clean it and did you port it to match the head? oh and did you paint it?
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:37 AM
yes there was gunk, i cleaned it with carb cleaner, no I did not paint it. How did you go about cutting the brake booster line? I just kinda need to know before I get out there and start cutting it.

what is is yo
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:37 AM
Da Dood wrote:I am having problems getting the HO manifold to fit down in the spot where it is supposed to go. There seems to be a black metal line that runs directly in its path, i believe it is the brake booster line. Do I have to cut this line? if so how do i get it to fit on the tb?

i cut my hard line back out of the way and attached a soft heater hose to it, make sure you keep the rubber elbow that connects to the tb and some of the hardline in it....otherwise the soft hose will kink.

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:53 AM
Yeah, I completely removed mine too, and used 1/2" heater hose.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:22 AM
does anybody have pics of the install or anything?

what is is yo
Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:30 AM
also how do you get the throttle and cruise cables off of the 2.4? And I can't seem to get the brake booster boot off. I am in major trouble

what is is yo
Sunday, March 19, 2006 1:16 PM
Or you could use the brake booster hose that comes out of the same car where you got your HO mani at.. Thats what Im doing. I found the 2.3 brake booster at the yard. Ill be using that when my swap is complete.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Sunday, March 19, 2006 1:31 PM
okay I got the brake booster cut and I got the 2.4 tb off the cables. It appears the 2.3 tb I have has no cruise control. I am taking a break for lunch now and when i get done I guess I am going to try to get the throttle cable attached to the 2.3 tb. if anyone would like to lend a hand I would pay them and pay for gas money for the trip. I am in topeka, Ks. any other tips you guys might have would be great

what is is yo
Sunday, March 19, 2006 1:52 PM
would you pay me if I drove from Manitoba, Canada
Sunday, March 19, 2006 1:54 PM
I wouldn't want you to waste your time doing all that driving. I just found out that I have to go find a 2.3 tb bracket be cuase my 2.4 tb bracket won't fit the 2.3. So yeah my car won't be running for awhile.

what is is yo
Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:10 PM
http://www.quad4forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3252

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:13 PM
been there. anybody have a 2.3 throttle bracket they can sell me? SO i am basically out-of luck with this install. I have evrything apart and no way to get it all back together.

what is is yo
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search