Walker's Quiet-Flow muffler - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Walker's Quiet-Flow muffler
Monday, March 13, 2006 4:46 PM
Well, I believe I have found a true "quiet muffler" with better flow then OEM. As we know most performance mufflers may be semi-quiet on the outside but the resonance drone in the cabin will drive you crazy. Check this out:
http://www.walkerexhaust.com/press/press_110402_a.stm

And before anyone says "oh these are just replcement mufflers," not quite. As the provided link will show there are replecement mufflers by Walker but "Quiet-flow" is not.
http://www.walkerexhaust.com/

By the Walker is the company that makes Dynomax by Tenneco

My only problem is getting part # with dimension sizes. If anyone may have access to this will be helpful for many.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Walker's Quiet-Flow muffler
Monday, March 13, 2006 7:36 PM
Maybe contact one of your local Walker dealers? Just a thought...

Monday, March 13, 2006 8:19 PM
theres a few people on this board who have that muffler.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Monday, March 13, 2006 10:14 PM
The part# you are looking for is 21284 and its $94.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 2:20 AM
Interesting.....

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:27 AM
They Call Me...Baby Gorilla wrote:The part# you are looking for is 21284 and its $94.

How did you figure that out?
Seriously, where did you come across that number?

Viper98912 wrote:theres a few people on this board who have that muffler.

Great and I would like to hear their opinions on these.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:06 AM
I just noticed the date. That's a really old press release...

Just use their Catalog Lookup for part numbers.

For instance, the info for 95-98 is here (graphic from their lookup page): Linkie

L8r...

*** Need some 1995 Cavalier parts ???
*** FOR SALE: doors, windows, interior, engine parts, fenders, etc. -- email me!
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:58 AM
I like loud lol

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:14 PM
jb (PaPa bear) wrote:I just noticed the date. That's a really old press release...

Just use their Catalog Lookup for part numbers.

For instance, the info for 95-98 is here (graphic from their lookup page): Linkie

Ya I know it has been around. Yet I just found it out as Iam doing research on a quiet set up. I've never seen it talked on here before as people prefer loud mufflers. Those days are over for me (except if it is V8 loudness ).
Now the link you gave me I think is for the "Direct-fit."
I am looking for "Quiet-flow" 2-1/4 O-in/-C-out either in 14in or 20in case. And thats where my problem lays. I checked in Summit and they don't provide any description when it comes to Walker mufflers. (?)

Rodimus Prime wrote:I like loud lol

So do I!! But to me, 4cyls with loud mufflers don't sound right. Especially when it comes to the drone they give in inside too.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:27 PM
Walker only sells them as "direct-fit ". The part number I provided was for the muffler and tailpipe section of the exhaust.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:33 AM
Mr. Goodwrench...if you find out which one works best, post it up here, I'm def. interested. The only real reason I don't have anything done with my exhaust yet is i hate the loudness inside as well. I love the quite stockness, lol.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 10:50 AM
They Call Me...Baby Gorilla wrote:Walker only sells them as "direct-fit ". The part number I provided was for the muffler and tailpipe section of the exhaust.

If you see the second link I put up. You will see that Walker offers 3 types of mufflers (Quiet-flow, SoundFX and Tru-fit). The number you gave me is for the Tru-fit or replacement muffler. Unfortunately, the actual Walker site is not much of a help when it comes to getting their part numbers for all their mufflers.
Summit racing carries these (Quiet-Flow), but there is no description on what you're buying. (?)

Other then going to the exhaust shop and asking them what are the part numbers and price, looks like I am running out of choices. Thing is I want to study on what to get here, exhaust shops don't have the patience for that.

MishkaFan wrote:Mr. Goodwrench...if you find out which one works best, post it up here, I'm def. interested. The only real reason I don't have anything done with my exhaust yet is i hate the loudness inside as well. I love the quite stockness, lol.

I hear ya, interior resonance is annoying! I had the Dynomax's Super Turbos (supposedly they were quiet) and oh man were they ever a mistake.
If I ever can get the part numbers with a description to this I will let every body know. As of now I am looking 2-1/4in Center / 2-1/4in Offset in 14in-through 22in case. If I find 2-1/2in size I will post that up too as that is another popular size.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, March 16, 2006 9:42 AM
( ! )

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:53 AM
2.25 in. is what i'd be wanting as well

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:39 AM
Just a suggestion, try looking up the PNs for trucks with those size mufflers, if you cant find a dimension listing.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:06 AM
Yes, trucks uses the sizes that I am looking for. Thing is finding the Quietflow part # catalog, as the one in the web site are the replacement muffler(s) only.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:52 AM
IDK, Try going to a parking lot or dealership and look at the trucks with stock exhaust systems and find one with the size and in/out let positions you want.

Just try not to get shot!!

Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:04 AM
^

I think my best bet is to contact Summit.

BTW as I am researching for the part numbers, I am noticing very good reviews on these mufflers.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:59 PM
Woooohooooo-----Found it!!! Or atleast one for now.
Better performance muffler then OE with out the 4cyl fart noise and interior drone.

Walker Quiet Flow # 22508. This muffler is
4 1/4" x 9 3/4" oval, 2 1/4" offset inlet, 2 1/4" center outlet, 20" body
length and 24" overall length.

The website has been updated and there is $30 mail in rebate too.

Now my only quest is to find 14'' body in 2'' or 2-1/4'' in/outlet. For my secondary muffler.

BTW your welcome

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:52 PM
YESSS!!! how much is it?

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:03 PM
and what website did you find that from? cuz i went to the walkerexhaust one, and couldnt find squat

Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:06 PM
Well, I have not researched that much on it yet... But Summit racing has it for $61.99. Now if you use the the $30 mail-in rebate, the price drops to $31.99. Which I think it is a bargain. Now if you decide on two mufflers use another address (Friend, GF, Family) to receive the mail in rebate.

As for where I found it? The Walker (new) website really. I had to ask them (e-mail) personally, because no one else had part numbers nor descriptions.

I also got another Walker Quiet flow # 21885 that is 4 1/4" x 8 13/16"
oval, 2" I.D. offset inlet, 2" I.D. center outlet, 16" body length and 20
3/4" overall length. And it runs $72.69 at Summit racing. After rebate: $42.69.

Hey if you want to ask for that same size muffler^ but in 2-1/4'' diameter in Quietflow, by all means please do. I could also use that size too.

Remember this, the longer the muffler it is (body length) the quieter it is.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:31 PM
I just got one from summit to replace the loudness. I....... don't remember the part number.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:30 PM
david norris wrote:I just got one from summit to replace the loudness. I....... don't remember the part number.

ok... care to tell how well it does? sound clip??

Friday, March 31, 2006 6:05 AM
How well it does? I like it. It's a huge improvement over the can. It's got a small "growl" under hard acceleration, but silent when just normally driving and on the interstate, which is exactly what I was going for. But I'm not sure how I could get a sound clip for you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search