anyone heard of using a prelude intake ? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anyone heard of using a prelude intake ?
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:05 PM
Has anyone here heard of using a honda prelude intake and cutting the 2 pieces to make a CAI? A guy on NY j-body had a post about making one...anyone know anymore info on this?

Re: anyone heard of using a prelude intake ?
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:10 PM
I'm sure it can be done...not getting off topic here or anything, but my buddy has a GTI and fabbed up a cold air with an eclipse intake. That's his car next to mine in my registry.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:31 PM
It was a cold air intake for the 2.2 motors. It required both a civic and prelude intake. If im not mistaken, you cut the ludes intake in 2 places. 1 was conected to the civic intake. The other was then reconnected to the 1 part of the ludes intake and down the fender.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:31 PM
Prelude intakes have been known to work with the 2200. But you also need an SOHC EK/EG short ram.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:22 AM
I remember that.

If you're thinking CAI extension like what RK lists.
Have a look at the 2.2L Vibrant intaks listed on ebay. The ones that look like revers "?"
Look the same to me.
(meaning they are, and I've used it in the same manner as the RK)

But retail, I thinkg for you 2200/2.2l guyes, AEM makes a CAI intake now.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 6:53 AM
Not to sound like a "Negative Nancy" but what is so hard about getting an intake MADE for your motor? I mean sometimes you guys sound too cheap for me...you want horsepower but don't want to spend any money for parts that fit or are made for your car. Just cause your friend is giving away an intake doesn't mean you have to use it...why not sell it and use the money for an intake for your car? That sounds more logical to me...

/end rant

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:04 AM
Its only like $35 to get the prelude. I found a guy that kind of explained it to me? I have picks of the final intake that he put on. If I can find it I'll post it later.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search