Help with swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help with swap
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:41 AM
Hey Im new at this J-body org thing. But umm, I have a 97 Cavy 2.2 and I want to get a motor swap, but I don't know what other motors it can use and how much it would run me. If anyone can help me out, I'd be great, thanks

Or if anyone can point me to a place in or around Milwaukee, WI that would be even better thanx

Re: Help with swap
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:46 AM
DGame414 wrote:Hey Im new at this J-body org thing. But umm, I have a 97 Cavy 2.2 and I want to get a motor swap, but I don't know what other motors it can use and how much it would run me. If anyone can help me out, I'd be great, thanks

Or if anyone can point me to a place in or around Milwaukee, WI that would be even better thanx

Do a search, its discussed every day.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 11:08 AM
yeah try mostly in the 3rd gen forum as well.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 9:34 PM
easiest swap for you, for the power is the 2.4 twin cam.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 7:23 AM
1 more question. As I said b4, I have the 2.2 motor, but when Im gonna register it gives me choices of 2.2 HOV or 2.2 something else, which one do I click on?
Thursday, December 22, 2005 7:51 AM
You have a '97, like I do. It's the 2.2 OHV. The 2200 is a different motor. Mostly. If you're still not sure, look at the engine. The 2.2 OHV has a flat, grooved valve cover and the TB hangs over the valve cover. The 2200 has a TB that is vertical and has a bit of a curve to the valve cover and it looks similar to the covers on small block v-8s.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 10:30 PM
no. in the registry options, it doesn't have a 2.2 OHV or 2200. It has one 2.2 OHV I-4. The other 2.2 option is the 2.2 DOHC Ecotec.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, December 23, 2005 8:06 AM
So I have the 2.2 OHV I-4, right?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search