Looking for a suggestion - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for a suggestion
Monday, August 08, 2005 8:53 AM
Okay, i have a 2.5" catback, and a 2.5" hi-flow cat...all welded together...then stock exhaust mani and downpipe...

what do u all recommend i do to add a header? Seeing as its all welded together...

SPONSORED BY: CAVALIER EXTREME

Re: Looking for a suggestion
Monday, August 08, 2005 8:58 AM
It's all welded from the exhaust manifold downpipe to the rear??? If you add a header, you'll have to cut somewhere, most header have a downpipe (some longer than other). On my car I asked the guy at the muffler shop to put a flange after the downpipe and before the cat, so it will be easier to remove it later...

Monday, August 08, 2005 9:42 AM
Da Ghost (Qc) wrote:It's all welded from the exhaust manifold downpipe to the rear??? If you add a header, you'll have to cut somewhere, most header have a downpipe (some longer than other). On my car I asked the guy at the muffler shop to put a flange after the downpipe and before the cat, so it will be easier to remove it later...

Exactly what he said. Since it's all welded up your going to end up cutting somewhere. This also a reason why people wait and do it all in 1 shot to save from paying labor charges more than necessary.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, August 08, 2005 10:24 AM
yea i believe it lol...

so they can weld a flange to a cat that has been welded on?

thats pretty neat lol

SPONSORED BY: CAVALIER EXTREME
Monday, August 08, 2005 10:27 AM
95CavBlue wrote:yea i believe it lol...

so they can weld a flange to a cat that has been welded on?

thats pretty neat lol

If they are actual professionals, they can do anything to your exhaust system as far as fabricating.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search