What intake? newb question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What intake? newb question
Monday, July 18, 2005 7:06 PM
Really just looking to upgrade the intake so my 95 will have a few more ponies. What does everybody reccommend? Price is a factor. I'm really looking to do it just because it sucks to go from a Z28 to a Cavy powerwise. Haha. Atleast this will help a little bit.
Thanks in advance guys

----------------------------------------------------------
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 3.1L V6 A4- Metallic Green
1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6- Patriot Red
1995 Chevrolet Cavalier A4- Winter beater/purple

Re: What intake? newb question
Monday, July 18, 2005 7:55 PM
i would never go from a z28 to a cavy but anyway a intake is a intake, yeah theres ae, weapon r, injen but they are all just names and some of the top brands out there, doesnt mean that thayre any better than the cheapo ebay intakes, i got my intake for my 2.4 from http://www.cosmoracing.com for like 78 bucks shipped and it works great just as well as the $150 + top brand intakes. Heres the list of differant intakes i found on the cosmo site............ http://www.cosmoracing.com/search.asp?searchstring=pontiac btw the sunfire and the cavy have the same engines just differant models

Monday, July 18, 2005 8:14 PM
jsunfiregt2000 wrote:i would never go from a z28 to a cavy

S**t happends...maybe his situation prevented him from keeping the z28.

Back onto topic...I would suggest Weapon-R. They are affordable, give great sound and performance gains are good. The secret weapon (despite what people say) gives very good gains over the dragon but they are both nice. If you want good prices on them, check out www.definedparts.com.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, July 18, 2005 8:54 PM
Any good short ram intake is best honestly. Injen / AEM / Weapon*r... the options never end

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, July 18, 2005 9:14 PM
heres my two cents

a: spend 20 dollars and get a an ebay intake and spend 180 on other stuff that wil make the car go fast

or

b: spend 200 dollars and become one of those people that insist that there 200 was a nesscery hit to make sure that they get that extra .5 hp

trust me on this one

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:03 AM
or you could just make you own. i did, and only costed me about 15 lol. although i have the sc and its easier to make mine go straight down, but still, 15 for a cai, not bad if you ask me.....

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:21 AM
click the sig for stainless steel intakes...

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 2:41 PM
Ebay.........Cavalier intake.......should work fine.

1997 pontiac sunfire
2.2 OHV 2.4l coming soon
2.25 inch custom exhaust
WAI
RK Underdrive pulley
50 shot of NX
pacesetter header
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 2:59 PM
Thanks for the help guys. And no, I didn't actually sell the Z28. I'm just talking going from my Z28 in the summer to my Cavy in the winter. I'd freak if I didn't have atleast 1 V8 car. So yea, I guess I'll get a cheap one or make my own. I made my own out of PVC pipe on my RS. What did you use Zstreet?

----------------------------------------------------------
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 3.1L V6 A4- Metallic Green
1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6- Patriot Red
1995 Chevrolet Cavalier A4- Winter beater/purple
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 4:16 PM
SunfireN2o wrote:Ebay.........Cavalier intake.......should work fine.

agreed...

never saw a reason for overpaying for something so simple.

Thursday, August 25, 2005 2:43 AM
that is what i don't understand isn't the intake just a smooth tube anyways? so why wouldn't the intake tube work even if i would add a k&n filter? is there a better filter?

http://www.helpelijah.com

Thursday, August 25, 2005 2:57 AM
Sean McAfee wrote:that is what i don't understand isn't the intake just a smooth tube anyways? so why wouldn't the intake tube work even if i would add a k&n filter? is there a better filter?

No one said that it would't work. The intake system is essentially a tube with a filter. You can throw any filter on if you wanted to, it would all do the same thing. The only "hard" part would be constructing a tube that fits in your engine bay properly (that's if you were making one yourself).

Thursday, August 25, 2005 3:36 AM
so basically a $10 setup that fits in the cavy engine bay with a $40 k&n filter will do the same as a $189 setup?

Thursday, August 25, 2005 3:54 AM
Sean McAfee wrote:so basically a $10 setup that fits in the cavy engine bay with a $40 k&n filter will do the same as a $189 setup?

Yes.

Thursday, August 25, 2005 6:35 AM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:
Sean McAfee wrote:so basically a $10 setup that fits in the cavy engine bay with a $40 k&n filter will do the same as a $189 setup?

Yes.

This, my sir, is the basis of the american marketing money. Raise the price so they think it's better and they need it more.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:14 AM
lol. i thought so. that is why i always research before i buy.

Thursday, August 25, 2005 11:14 AM
Sean McAfee wrote:lol. i thought so. that is why i always research before i buy.

Best thing to do as a consumer

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search