check engine light - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
check engine light
Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:28 AM
ok, so heres the story......
went and got the whole exhaust done, header back. FIne and dandy. Was all good till i pulled outa the shop. They stop me and said theres a ticking in the engine. So i pull back in. Found out there was no cap or n e thing over the polution valve or whatever it is on the block by the intake. So the make up a piece and put it on . So the fixes that. Would this be a goo didea to do this cuz i dont know much about it? SO n e ways working all fine till the next day starts it up , check engine light comes on. So im like wtf. I know it could be a number of things that the light would come on for but i dont know much about this polution valve or erg valve thingy. So if i could get some feedback on the valave and the engine light that would be great.

i cant punch hard enuf,i cant kick high enuf,i cant shoot straight enuf,i cant die dead enuf!

Re: check engine light
Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:41 AM
Go to an autozone, and have the CEL scanned, its free, and come back with the code they give you. As long as the Piece on your valve cover is open, not clogged, and either has a breather on top or a hose connecting to your intake you should not have a problem.

Most likely you have a bad O2 sensor, which is common when you upgrade your exhuast and keep you old plugs.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.

Cannon fodder is my daddy.
Monday, April 04, 2005 7:20 AM
My check engine light came on too and i figured it was just my 02 sensor and when i put on my cold air intake it actually went off from a couple of days and now it is back on so what would have made it do that?

"sometimes the respect is more important..."
Monday, April 04, 2005 9:55 AM
Like lawnmowerracer said, you're bet bet is to go to autozone. IMHO it's probably one of your sensors flipping out, since they have a tendency to do so when you get your exaust replaced... if that's the case, you can get an O2 simulator for give or take $50

The term 'stock' is COMPLETELY relative...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search