2200 serpentine belt - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 serpentine belt
Saturday, April 02, 2005 9:46 PM
Ok as many of you already know I have the cavconnections pulley kit. I need to know what belt size I need for it with the A/C I have tried many belts and none of them are working. Right now I have a modified 6 rib belt on that is about 87 1/2 inches long. The belt fits a little loose not enough to pull off but still feels loose. So far the belt hasn't slipped but I would like to get one that fits a little snugger. I tried a 86 something inch belt and that didn't work at all was to small. Thanks

Oh I have searched but every post I have read people don't give the right size with A/C

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Re: 2200 serpentine belt
Saturday, April 02, 2005 10:28 PM
I used a 6 rib belt on mine but I can't remember the exact length. I do remember it was a NAPA brand serpentine belt though. I know with the tensioner pulled back in slides on extremely easy, more so than the stock belt but with everything set in place its on there pretty snug.
When I tried getting a five rib belt that was slightly longer than the one Cav Connection sent they pretty much said the size I wanted didn't exist in any brand they carried. What didn't make sense to me was that meant they were telling me that the OEM belt didn't exist for our cars since it was longer than the belt size I was looking for.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Saturday, April 02, 2005 11:00 PM
Zach Hilton wrote:I used a 6 rib belt on mine but I can't remember the exact length. I do remember it was a NAPA brand serpentine belt though. I know with the tensioner pulled back in slides on extremely easy, more so than the stock belt but with everything set in place its on there pretty snug.
When I tried getting a five rib belt that was slightly longer than the one Cav Connection sent they pretty much said the size I wanted didn't exist in any brand they carried. What didn't make sense to me was that meant they were telling me that the OEM belt didn't exist for our cars since it was longer than the belt size I was looking for.

If you can could you grab the belt number for me should be on the belt somewhere. Also you have a/c right? engien looks like this form teh side

Thanks

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 11:55 PM
I'll cehck the belt # for you in the morning. I had it written down but lost it. Yup I have a/c and thats how my engine looks.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 3:31 AM
Zach Hilton wrote:I'll cehck the belt # for you in the morning. I had it written down but lost it. Yup I have a/c and thats how my engine looks.

Sweet man thank you so much

Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:25 PM
Dude unfortunately unless I take the belt off I won't be of any help. The belt number is inside on the ribs instead of on the outside. I tried a bunch of times just cranking the car the turn the belt to watch for it and never could find it. Sorry man. If I find the box that it was with I will email you the part #.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:22 PM
aight thanks again man.

anyone else ahve the same kit adn same motor wih a/c that can help.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search