Reading Material - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Reading Material
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:11 PM
Sorry guys I didn't know where else to put this but here becuase its kind of for performance. If its in the wrong forum please forgive me and someone move it.

My question is, What is good books to learn from for performance engines?

Everything from just building an engine, to blueprinting, turbo and nitrous.
What are you suggestions? I plan on buying some books this weekend and would like to know which ones have good info and are easy to read and understand.

Thanks in advanced.

Re: Reading Material
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:29 PM
The best way to learn is not from a book, you have to experience it. You can read all you want, but to fully understand, you need to actually do it. Thats what i did. I found a mechanic who showed me a ton of things not just on my car, but on others too. That was the best thing i have ever done. I would suggest doing this for more skilled things like what you mentioned.
Thursday, March 31, 2005 5:09 AM
that I realize that

i am getting a spare engine to play with and to help me learn
and its nice to have some reference too, a book would help ME alot

Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:20 AM
uhhh if you've never worked with motors before buys the Haynes manual for your car (unless you already have it) it gives you ALOT of information that you NEED to know....that the first book you should ever own for any car

Thursday, March 31, 2005 12:53 PM
ok i think my question is not understood.
I'm not a total newb here.

I want something that is actually going to help design a engine for what I need/want it to do. Something that will help with deciding/determining compression, fuel pressure etc. Something that will give me the calculations needing in making an engine. Mostly the technical stuff here. Not just for any one engine, but relative to all.

I can find some online but I don't know if the book has good information to with.

like this but for the engine

I don't if that helps at all for what I'm looking for

Thursday, March 31, 2005 12:56 PM
sorry for the double post

I found one book that I'm looking for

Something like this

any other books like this that would be helpful

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search