ecotec cams and minor mods worthless..... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec cams and minor mods worthless.....
Saturday, March 26, 2005 9:32 PM
Alot of people say ecotec cams are worthless, and the TB is not needed without forced induction, and a puuely doesn't do much.....

Today I took out my LZM stage 2 cams, the knock sensor mod to keep the computer from goinginto limp mode, RSM 62MM TB, and RKSport lightweight underdrive pulley, and did an oil change....

and let me tell you the car feels slower then all hell, like it can't get out of its own way. So to the people who think those mods are worthless or don'tdo anything.... don't knock it till you try it cause damn its a night and difference.

now- car is slow as hell, exhaust isn't as deep, the sound of a nice lopey idle is gone but... don't have to let the car warm up so it wont stall out when cold, no check engine lights, no running premium cause of the knock sensor mod, nice smooth idle, gas milage is back so this stuff isn't worthless like every mod it has its positives and negatives

Re: ecotec cams and minor mods worthless.....
Saturday, March 26, 2005 10:23 PM
I totally agree with you. I did my intake, header, exhaust, and motor mounts at the same time, and it really was a night and day difference between stock and even slightly modded like I am.

Saturday, March 26, 2005 10:46 PM
so why did you take all that out, are you going to put it back in?
Saturday, March 26, 2005 11:30 PM
You planning on selling any of that stuff??? Specifically the cams and/or throttle body?? Shoot me a line if you do. sickstrings84@aol.com

Tim

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
"Hey man is that a Cavalier?" "Yeah." What you got in it?" "It's stock." "Oh."
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Sunday, March 27, 2005 1:52 AM
Sorry i already got the cams and throttle body. Thank you darkstars. Installed them tonight right after i he took them out and i picked them up. no problems so far and no check engine light either yet. I cant really tell a difference by the seat of my pants but im sure at the track or dyno there is an increase in power. oh and i love the new idle. oh and i could tell that the power band is a little higher in the rpm range now. But thats about it. now im just waitin for that damn check engine light.

My Sig Was To Big
Monday, March 28, 2005 4:33 AM
That's what I've been saying all along, I notice the difference every time I drive my wife's stock 03 4 door 'fire..

Monday, March 28, 2005 3:21 PM
i didnt knowthat they still made four door fires. what did you take all of your stuff off for darkstars? you getting rid of it?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search